RPGWatch - News Posters Wanted

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
To enance the RPGWatch team we are looking for additional news posters.

The main requirements for the job are that you should be able to make some time avaialble on a regular basis to search the internet for news and post is here and that you master the English language.

The benefits are just too much to mention, so I won't even start, but I'm sure you know them :)

If you are interested, send me a PM via our forums (yes, you need to be a registered member for that) and I'll get back to you.

More information.

Hope you guys get some help soon. Best rpg news site on the internet!

Have you thought of splitting the work and having some guys being just "news collectors" who search the web for news and send the links to the actual news posters?

This would simplify the news posters's work and the needed qualifications for news collectors would be lower as they won't have to write on their own. So even guys who don't "master the English language" could participate. Additionally news collectors don't need to be as reliable as news posters as you always have the posters as fallback for searching the web.

Of course everyone can post links to the posters right now as well, but I assume you'll get more of it if you institutionalize these jobs.

Have you thought of splitting the work and having some guys being just "news collectors" who search the web for news and send the links to the actual news posters?

This would simplify the news posters's work and the needed qualifications for news collectors would be lower as they won't have to write on their own. So even guys who don't "master the English language" could participate. Additionally news collectors don't need to be as reliable as news posters as you always have the posters as fallback for searching the web.

Of course everyone can post links to the posters right now as well, but I assume you'll get more of it if you institutionalize these jobs.

I like this idea. My english is ok but not great. Moreover i dont have the time to write alot. I do have time to let people know of news about new games and such. I am always searching for turnbased games so i might aswell tell this site about it.

That is an idea. Everybody can already submit news, but it does not happen that frequently, but it is open to everyone and thus has a spam filter.
Perhaps there is an easier way for registered members that at least have a certain amount of posts can use to bring us some news.

Yeah, I think some editorial control is still necessary, e.g. to avoid duplicates, where identical news would be posted as different newsbits when they come from different guys having different sources.

I do PM news to Couch whenever I spot something interesting. So far I have seen only one actually posted.

I guess I can submit news more often. I spend most of my free time scouring forums, not websites, and my interests aren't nearly as varied as what gets posted here. Still, it might help Couch out if I sent in more of the stuff I do find. If I write it up as something he can just copy/paste into news that should save him time.

I guess I can submit news more often. I spend most of my free time scouring forums, not websites, and my interests aren't nearly as varied as what gets posted here. Still, it might help Couch out if I sent in more of the stuff I do find. If I write it up as something he can just copy/paste into news that should save him time.

I tried that a couple times, and he rewrote it. Maybe I didn't write it right. :)

I don't care if he rewrites it. I'll just write it up and if he has time to reword it, fine. If not, he can just dump it into the news or the trash :D

We know, from the D:OS campaign here, that we can raise significant funds if there is the desire. I wonder if we could convince Desslock to run a monthly review column here, similar to what he did for CGW. I wonder what it would take, as far as compensation, to get him to agree to do something like this. I also wonder what the interest level would be amongst our readers. Have you considered something like this, Myrthos? If it became well known and popular, it might massively increase bandwidth costs, so there is that to take into account as well.

Why Desslock? Industry cred and he's a great writer. He also has a true passion for crpgs and he can take criticism. He has/had a home at the Quarter to Three forums, but I haven't paid close attention to whether he still hangs out there. He probably lurks here too, but I don't know how much.

I really hope couch is okay as he does an awsome job.

I guess I can submit news more often.
Yes please!
I hate your taste, then again, I hate couch's taste too. ;)
But your posts are respectable and never insulting (well... let's not go into thoughts about things that aren't games :p).
You're a perfect person for the job!

Chien, you too, I'd love to see you bringing us news.

That is an idea. Everybody can already submit news, but it does not happen that frequently, but it is open to everyone and thus has a spam filter.
Perhaps there is an easier way for registered members that at least have a certain amount of posts can use to bring us some news.

I used to post news suggestions, but after a while they seemed to get ignored and so I stopped bothering. Maybe I'm just not good at choosing topics... :p

I post news sometimes to Myrthos/Couch if I find something really interesting, but I don't have the time to do that on a regular basis.
I was never ignored.

I don't care if he rewrites it. I'll just write it up and if he has time to reword it, fine. If not, he can just dump it into the news or the trash :D

We know, from the D:OS campaign here, that we can raise significant funds if there is the desire. I wonder if we could convince Desslock to run a monthly review column here, similar to what he did for CGW. I wonder what it would take, as far as compensation, to get him to agree to do something like this. I also wonder what the interest level would be amongst our readers. Have you considered something like this, Myrthos? If it became well known and popular, it might massively increase bandwidth costs, so there is that to take into account as well.

Why Desslock? Industry cred and he's a great writer. He also has a true passion for crpgs and he can take criticism. He has/had a home at the Quarter to Three forums, but I haven't paid close attention to whether he still hangs out there. He probably lurks here too, but I don't know how much.

Having Desslock would be awesome to the max. But wasn't it PC Gamer not CGW?

Now PC Gamer has this column called the Spy - I used to hate hate hate it until this month when he (the spy) revealed the IP for No One Lives Forever (NOLF) has been purchased and the games should be back in the market place. With perhaps a sequel to look forward to.

This sounds very interisting.
Pitty that I don't found great stuff that is already usually around o the site :p
otherwise this would be the perfect opportunity to finally deliver a contributuion to this site after all this years of roaming.

Sadly I doubt I am the right person for it

Back
Top Bottom