What games are you playing now?

Is the preorder bonus code separate from the registration code on the back of the manual?

Yes, mine came on a separate black insert.. same size as the onlive insert, and is a 15 letters/numbers code.

I have no idea how to use it though. I don't see anywhere to input it on Steam or in the game.

I *think* you can install it by going to the "tools" page in the steam app. Then add it as a product activation code using the pulldown menu at the bottom. Then you should have a new download called "Explosion Pack".

But I have no such insert as you have described. :(

Ok, I activated my bonus through Steam.

I'm not exactly sure what I got though.. the insert says "Explosive Mission Pack", but under my DLC tab for DX:HR it says "Tactical Enhancement Pack".

We should probably start a separate DX thread.

Can't afford Deus Ex right now so I digged up Arcania which I am going to play for the next week. I am only an hour or so ingame and I start to see the problems people had with it.

I ended up just grabbing a standard retail copy from Best Buy. It did come with a code for the explosive mission pack, but I haven't used it yet. What is it anyways?

What? Best Buy got that too? So everyone but Steam got the damned thing and they are the ones hosting the files. They'll probably post it at some point...and make us pay for it. :rolleyes:

From the wiki, the description is:

"The LGTM Linebacker G-87, M-28 Remote explosive, and Automatic Unlocking Device early on in the game, and a bonus mission involving Tracer Tong from Deus Ex."

I'm mostly interested in the mission. Oh well.

Game is fun so far anyway. Thankfully, I have not had any technical issues like some have.

OMD!! Enjoy!! Never had a chance to see them but almost wore through my vinyl of them in the 80s.

Thanks. :)

I had already seen them on a tiny mini-gig during their promotional tour in a huge CD shop in Cologne.

What? Best Buy got that too? So everyone but Steam got the damned thing and they are the ones hosting the files. They'll probably post it at some point…and make us pay for it. :rolleyes:

From the wiki, the description is:

"The LGTM Linebacker G-87, M-28 Remote explosive, and Automatic Unlocking Device early on in the game, and a bonus mission involving Tracer Tong from Deus Ex.".

I'm still not exactly sure what my bonus included, but I don't think I got that bonus mission.

*Edit* I found this..

There are two different digital bonus packs that you can get when you preorder Human Revolution. The Tactical Enhancement Pack contains two extra in-game weapons: a powerful double-barrel Huntsman Silverback shotgun and a silent high-range SERSR Longsword Whisperhead sniper rifle. It also gives you 10,000 credits (in-game currency).

The Explosive Mission Pack includes an exclusive Tong’s Rescue mission (featuring a cameo by a character from the original Deus Ex), a Linebacker G-87 grenade launcher, an M-28 Utility remote explosive (UR-DED), and an Automatic Unlocking Device.

Most European retailers seem to be offering the Explosive Mission Pack, while all US-based vendors except Gamestop have the Tactical Enhancement Pack.

So I guess all I got was a couple of weapons and some extra cash.

If anyone finds a way to obtain that bonus mission, please PM me.

When I started the manufacturing level, I got a message that the explosive mission pack was activated, and I got the remote explosive in my inventory. The message said I'd get the other goodies and mission later in the game. We'll see.

I thought this was standard ? I mean this "magically appearing" of the items ?

I'd find it much better than having to accumulate enough money and points to be able to buy an item in-game ...

Okay, that's a (an ?) different approach.

... Okay ... I had always thought it would be the other way round ...

Sonny and I just tamed a wolf in Minecraft :). Now Charlie sits on our bed in the 'Hanging Eagle' (Sonny's name for our main house) and watches for monsters … sheesh, the wolves even shake the drops off their furs when they get out of the water. Truly amazing.

It's really sad, but I have been enjoying the mindless clones of other games made by GameLoft for iPad and also Mac ...

Well, then I am also loving Deus Ex: Human Resources ( ;) )

It's really sad, but I have been enjoying the mindless clones of other games made by GameLoft for iPad and also Mac …

Well, then I am also loving Deus Ex: Human Resources ( ;) )

How is the Gameloft stuff? Are any of their games particularly good?

They have a bunch of stuff for Android but you it's not on the market and you kind of have to jump through hoops and make sure you get the right version for your device etc.

Do they sell their iOS stuff on the Apple App store or do you have to go to their site for those too?

How is the Gameloft stuff? Are any of their games particularly good?

They have a bunch of stuff for Android but you it's not on the market and you kind of have to jump through hoops and make sure you get the right version for your device etc.

Do they sell their iOS stuff on the Apple App store or do you have to go to their site for those too?

Good thing about iOS - single point of entry :) (also a bad thing - devs can't just send you an .apk to test like they can on Android).

GameLoft stuff is pretty much clones - NOVA is Halo, Let's Golf is Hot Shots Golf, Starfront is Starcraft, Modern Combat is Modern Warfare, Gangstar is GTA, and so on. Pretty well done, reasonable pricing, well executed, decent fun.

I love Android but have found across my few phones and now tablets that it is a uniformly inferior gaming platform. There is not ONE game that plays nearly as well.

Good thing about iOS - single point of entry :) (also a bad thing - devs can't just send you an .apk to test like they can on Android).

99% of apps are pretty much on the market. Gameloft is an oddity. I think they actually do have a couple of things on there but most are not. I have no idea why.

GameLoft stuff is pretty much clones - NOVA is Halo, Let's Golf is Hot Shots Golf, Starfront is Starcraft, Modern Combat is Modern Warfare, Gangstar is GTA, and so on. Pretty well done, reasonable pricing, well executed, decent fun.

I thought I saw an RPG-ish looking game or 2 on there. Have you tried any of those?

I love Android but have found across my few phones and now tablets that it is a uniformly inferior gaming platform. There is not ONE game that plays nearly as well.

I actually haven't had any problems except for my brief trial of Honeycomb. I'm running 2.3 via the Cyanogen mod on my two tablets and 2.2 (stock) on my phone. I dabbled with Honeycomb briefly but I there were some compatibility issues so I'm sticking with 2.3 for now. Some of the user made roms are actually decent and really stable.

Back
Top Bottom