City of H... umm Titans!

Zloth

I smell a... wumpus!?
A new Kickstarter is well on the way to funding for bringing City of Heroes back to life. It's an all-volunteer group but a big one.

(P.S. It's a kickstart for an MMO so does this topic belong in Kickstarters or MMOs?)

It belongs in the Kickstarter section, but since it's also an MMO it should be fine. If not one of the other moderators can move it very easily. I don't have the power or permission.:)

I'm glad their project is finally ready. Here is a video for those who have no idea what this game is about.

Last edited:
YES YES YES!

Thanks for the heads up! And I had thought nothing could spur me out of my Kickstarter burnout reverie...

Unreal Engine... wasn't that going to be compatible with Oculus Rift? Oh my.....

I wonder if gameplay will be more strategic like City of Heroes or more twitchy like DC and Marvel MMOs.

Funded in 5 days!

I wonder if gameplay will be more strategic like City of Heroes or more twitchy like DC and Marvel MMOs.

This is being made by volunteers who miss the gameplay and community of CoH. Turning it into something already readily available elsewhere would be a foolish waste of time.

I kicked in for this one, first KS I've contributed to in a while. While Marvel Heroes is fun to play, at least for a bit, it doesn't have that CoH vibe that was so enticing. I'll be looking forward to Titan.

interesting. I bet they would be in danger of litigation from WB and Disney though. They'll have to employ people to constantly monitor it.

Just four days to go!

They've long-since made their goal, but the project's within $80k of a really great stretch goal - more power-sets per archetype!!! If you enjoyed City of Heroes, consider pledging in these closing days.

I'm hesitant on this. It sounds like the type of game I'd play, but the kickstarter prices are nothing to get excited about. Almost retail-price really ($50 for the game? that's about as much as any MMO box costs specially non-AAA ones. Secret World was about that I think, same Guild Wars 2)

Except Guild Wars, Secret World, or XYZ don't offer the gameplay niche that City of Heroes used to occupy ;)

Personally speaking, this deserves more of my money than any of the medieval fantasy RPG clones I've backed in the past. My only reservation would be how seemingly unproven this worldwide batch of volunteers is. But I for one hope they pull through and deliver a product sorely needed on the market today.

Random aside: I would also instantly pledge towards a company that was to design a quality new trackball in the style of the Microsoft Explorer or Logitech Marble FX. …there are some things that are so desired by a core niche audience (often overlooked by massmarket bean counters), that you don't care what the pricepoint is.

Man, I loved my old Logitech trackball. I remember how fluid and quickly it responded compared to the keyboard, and just how awesome it was for flight/space sims, among other games. I've gotten used to mice now, but I'd kick in for an old style trackball, for sure.

Can't still get them, Dte, at least not good ones. Logitech recently discontinued one of the only good trackballs, the Cordless Optical Trackman - was reminiscent of The Microsoft Explorer from years past.

If you want a scrollwheel, there's basically only Kensingtons and a thumb-driven trackball from Logitech available now. Seriously, why take a device for precise control then stick a thumb on it instead of two normal fingers?! But some people seem to like it…

Anyway, there's a reason people pay upwards of $100 for these things USED on Ebay… nobody is making them; seems the marketing for the more cumbersome, less precise Mouse has paid off.

And this thing... this was just so beautiful... and still is if you don't need a scroll wheel:
$T2eC16N,!w0E9szN(mhOBR)STWnSgg~~60_35.JPG

They definitely don't make 'em like that anymore...

Back
Top Bottom