The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

I think her ranger Bryhana is flagged, but she is already level 17 now. I don't mind playing for the fun of playing and not get much XP, but I can't speak for the others.

The thing is, we don't have any healers within a tolerable level range for xp. So most of our raiding outside the friday group will be overlevel. If The Savage Dragon is on her ranger, we have to have Brialle, Wouldii, and/or Suisaidh running to heal the group. Even if her cleric is flagged, we'd probably want a more experienced raid healer backing her up.

I was thinking of bringing Cairii in, but if we need to, I'll bring Suisaidh. I think both are flagged. Pump definitely is.

Last edited:
Between party mix, specific quest experience, and the total number of folks we've got, I'd say we're looking at running raids over-level across the board. To my mind, our goals are more about running new-to-most-of-us content and collecting new-to-us loot than XP or even favor. If we end up running DQ on normal with level 20 toons, I don't particularly have a problem with that (although with items now having normal/hard/elite versions, it probably makes sense to run elite if we can manage it).

After some thought, I think our primary "non-Friday-8's" goal should be getting S;etys capped on 2 toons—one for running epic content and one for TR. Most, if not all, of us have toons ready to bring around on TR and I expect most will do the TR pretty soon once the enhancement fiasco (grumble, whine, grumble) settles. I don't know that we'll form another "thou shalt stick together" group since we've got a loooooong way to go with our 8's, but having a 2nd lifer with improved gear available to run with that wave of TRs should improve Aletys's enjoyment significantly. At a bare minimum, her having an epic toon will dramatically improve our flexibility to deal with absences on Fridays if everyone has the option to pivot to lvl20+ toons where content level, toon level, favor, and bravery largely become meaningless.

Last edited:
I'd enjoy running our level 18's again, and occasionally our 20+'s. Perhaps we should run our 'regulars' 3 weeks a month and alts the other week(s) unless we know people are going to be absent. This would give us more flexibility too.

I'd enjoy running our level 18's again, and occasionally our 20+'s. Perhaps we should run our 'regulars' 3 weeks a month and alts the other week(s) unless we know people are going to be absent. This would give us more flexibility too.

That's a good idea, now that The Savage Dragon has someone to run with the 18's. The only real question then is does Peter have someone in range? He's traditionally been the hold up on most level ranges, since he only has 6 that either sit at cap or Tr constantly.

Between party mix, specific quest experience, and the total number of folks we've got, I'd say we're looking at running raids over-level across the board. To my mind, our goals are more about running new-to-most-of-us content and collecting new-to-us loot than XP or even favor. If we end up running DQ on normal with level 20 toons, I don't particularly have a problem with that (although with items now having normal/hard/elite versions, it probably makes sense to run elite if we can manage it).

After some thought, I think our primary "non-Friday-8's" goal should be getting The Savage Dragon capped on 2 toons—one for running epic content and one for TR. Most, if not all, of us have toons ready to bring around on TR and I expect most will do the TR pretty soon once the enhancement fiasco (grumble, whine, grumble) settles. I don't know that we'll form another "thou shalt stick together" group since we've got a loooooong way to go with our 8's, but having a 2nd lifer with improved gear available to run with that wave of TRs should improve Flerida's enjoyment significantly. At a bare minimum, her having an epic toon will dramatically improve our flexibility to deal with absences on Fridays if everyone has the option to pivot to lvl20+ toons where content level, toon level, favor, and bravery largely become meaningless.

Older named items generally only have one version; no one has bothered to do a loot pass for the older gear, raid loot or no.

I agree that it would help out flexibility to have everyone with a epic (21+) character and a character in position for a TR.

On a side note, I will more likely be working this Saturday after all. My machine went haywire at work, and I won't swear that it'll be fixed tomorrow morning. In fact, I highly doubt it. At this point, I have two and a half days' worth of work to catch up on, and I'm planning a 15+ hour day tomorrow, if I can push it past my supervisor, to try to avoid anyone working Saturday. On the flip side, we have a new CNC 2nd shifter, so I may be cutting back the hours soon. Once I'm caught up.

Last edited:
Which are the flagging quests for DQ, & I'll check. I know that my 15 cleric has done several of them, but don't know if she's completed them. Ditto my 17 ranger. I'd love to run more raids. Any other flagging quests I need to check on while I'm at it?

Do I need to hold my ranger at 17? & if so for how long? She's close to 18 now. I don't mind holding her, just need to know.

Which are the flagging quests for DQ, & I'll check. I know that my 15 cleric has done several of them, but don't know if she's completed them. Ditto my 17 ranger. I'd love to run more raids.
Offering of Blood, Chamber of Raiyum, and Chains of Flame. You might check on Gianthold while you're at it: Prison of the Planes, Madstone Crater, and A Cabal for One.

Do I need to hold my ranger at 17? & if so for how long? She's close to 18 now. I don't mind holding her, just need to know.
You can take 18 whenever you want. That group will have 17's and 18's for sure, and I wouldn't be surprised if one or more of us only has a 19 in that neighborhood. Wouldn't take 19 yet, though, if you happen to have that as well.

Bryhana only needs Prison of the Planes to get flagged for Gianthold Tor and then Reaver's Fate. I think she also did the desert quests. Cm and I played with her and I'm flagged on my artificer

Nor any of the less active members, like Alrik.

Not that I know of. My Ranger has been in that desert with you several times, but I don't believe that he is flagged yet.

The others (of my chars) - most definitively no.

And since I'm feeling a bit "burned out" by SWTOR these times (Bioware just had an massive PR problem - they basically gave the elected Community Class Representatives of 4 classes (there are "mirror classes", meaning that 1 class on Imperial side is an mirror of another on the Republic side) an "L2P" answer, whereas the class reps of 2 other got thoughtful and well-formulated answers), I'm expecting myself to appear in DDO a bit more often in the future - especially since I still have to adapt my toons to the new Enhancements system.

Last edited:
Alright right now, I can't promise I'll be in at all Friday. ETA for my machine being back in action is tomorrow, and I'll definitely have two very long days ahead of me. I'll be heading in early on Friday to play catchup, but I won't swear as to when I'll be off, or if I'll be able to hang in there for the session.

Bryhana (17 Ranger) is flagged for DQ. For Gianthold, she has Madstone Crater & Cabal for One, but is missing Prison of the Planes.

Jhianna (15 Cleric) is missing Offering of Blood for DQ, but has done all the ones for Gianthold. However, I think she may be a bit low level for the Gianthold raid … If I remember correctly, she got creamed when we went for the dragon … of course, she was only a 14 then, & we may have gone in on elite.

I would also like to do the three available House Cannith quests so I can get enough favor to access the House C vendor. And, if they ever open it up again, I'd like to do the Ascension Chamber (Necro 4 raid) … yes, I want that quiver …

I have no clue who has done what. Will try to log on later or tomorrow and see who is flagged. This past week and next look hairy for me, tons of volunteer paperwork to get done. I need to hit cannith and upgrade some items I know. Why did I say "yes" when they asked me to volunteer? ;)

Bryhana & Jhianna are now both flagged for both Gianthold & DQ. Bryahna will probably take 18 before Friday, TBD.

Have a great session this week, I'll be somewhere over the Pacific on my way home. I'll have a busy first week back, but I do expect to be playing the following Friday after missing this week. Please take care of my little one!! :)

Patch didn't take too long to install.

TR hearts are 25% off (1121 pts). Not sure how long the sale lasts, so it might be a good time to sock one away for the lvl18s.

My ranger is now at level 18 and will be holding there so she can do shroud runs, etc.

Also, a number of the shrines, etc. are running out of time & need to be renewed. I added time to a number of them, including two that had expired, but some of the shrines are a bit rich for my pocketbook, so I did not do anything with them. Oh, the bank & bar are back where they belong … ;)

OK, so I'm not sure we have a plan at this point. We've got Corwin out, and CM and Az both sounding doubtful.

The plan WAS to put together a guild DQ run on our 18s, possibly followed by a heroic GH raid depending on timing. If we end up with only 5 or 6 folks playing, I think we still run the 18s but pivot to the Harpers chain (Druid's Deep?). We'd be a bit under level for elite, but I think we could manage.

Back
Top Bottom