Nuclear Union - About Localization

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The devs of Nuclear Union are asking for your opinion on their Facebook page on a localization issue:
Comrades, you are the sincerest followers of our game and we want to hear your opinion.
As you know the game is developed in Russian and it deals with the USSR-related stuff, so all the press in the game, billboards etc etc is originally in Russian/Cyrillic. We have several opinions within the team about localizing stuff like that:
1) The headers and articles in the newspapers, billboards and s... igns remain in Russian to keep the level of authenticity higher and we simply give you subtitles of what’s in there (like a gist)
2) We localize / translate everything, including the names of the newspapers or text books.
Your opinion is very valuable for us. So please let us know what you think about it. Have a nice and bright day!
More information.

Number 2 that is what Localization is all about. You translate everything not just the dialogue. Most developers fail to do this it's baffling. Probably time consuming and a waste of money for the publisher.

I could live with #1, if they had a subtitle that gave a synopsis of the article or whatever. Something like, "News article/book explains how the bombs fell on Moscow."

I can read cyrillic letters, but I don't speak russian. As I don't plan to read ingame books anyway and I watch foreign movies only if with original language audio and subtitles, the option #1 would be good enough for me.

But… There is no way I'll ever register on facebook.

I can read cyrillic letters, but I don't speak russian. As I don't plan to read ingame books anyway and I watch foreign movies only if with original language audio and subtitles, the option #1 would be good enough for me.

But… There is no way I'll ever register on facebook.

+1 for this =)

Back
Top Bottom