Sacred 2 - MP Lobby Issues

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Ascaron has released a statement on some hiccups with the multiplayer lobby in Sacred 2:
New details about the lobby problems in Sacred 2 - Fallen Angel

As announced today by arvato systems, developers of the "Tincat" lobby software, the newly emerged problems with the multiplayer lobby for the action RPG Sacred 2 - Fallen Angel are the result of a complex interplay between the "Tincat" lobby software, the game code and the hardware.

In an extensive beta test conducted by Ascaron, the functionality of the lobbying apparatus using a TOTAL of 2000 players tested positive. The post release volume of more than 30,000 players unfortunately made some sporadic database problems with the lobby apparent. This is not something that could have been predicted from the test results we saw in the beta process.

In daily meetings between arvato systems, Ascaron and other participating companies, all problem areas have been analyzed and are now undergoing further changes and optimizations to provide a long-term stable environment for our players. The online game problems are being resolved. We will keep you updated on the progress of this via announcements on the website www.sacred2.com.
More information.

Which means that 30.000 have already bought it ?

Or about the half, because of this license thing ...

Yeah yeah... DRM is gonna destroy the world...

I know DRM sucks but I am really getting tired of all the whining.

Yeah yeah... DRM is gonna destroy the world...

I know DRM sucks but I am really getting tired of all the whining.

Then do something about it rather then complain about the people who are fighting back.

My point is... Sacred was a great game for me. Some people will never even try out Sacred 2 because of the DRM. It sucks but what can be done about it? Stop buying the games and contribute even more to the decline of PC gaming? (and NO the increase in PC gamers due to WoW doesn't count to me) Most of the time it is the publishers and NOT the developers bringing this crap. Why make the people who create fun games suffer for it? Why miss out on a fun game because you can't get over a stupid DRM? XP had the same over the top DRM install crap at first. It'll go away eventually...

In several years, I think, it'll just be with MP3s now: They'll be sold without DRM at all.

THEN, all of the DRM-protected games of the past will just be "forgotten" by companies who don't care anymore about them, because they took everything these cash.cows were able to deliver.

The industry's behaviour is easy to put into two words: Fire & Forget.

Guys, the Sacred 2 DRM thread is around the corner.

Back
Top Bottom