Risen - Gampeplay Video

I seem to remember weak missile attacks in Gothic 2. I tried taking out skeleton warriors from on top of a boulder. It took a while, but not as long as that scorpion!

Skeletons aren't that vulnerable to arrows I don't think... Why would that be :)

The boss at the end of Gothic 2 gave you no such option. It was a long slugfest no matter how strong you were. There should be smart options beyond the knucklehead approach.

Well, from a certain point of view there was such a "smart option" for the G2 NotR boss fight. The smart option was called a summon demon scroll (or to just use the spell/rune... I didn't play a mage so no idea if that rune exists).
Instructions: Use it. Go AFK to grab a coffee or bring down the trash or whatever. Come back a couple minutes later to watch the credits roll by :) .
Alternatively, you can also use any other high level summons, of course, or several lower level summons like skellies.

Hmm. Haven't play NoTR, yet…. I played a mage on vanilla G2. IIRC, it took a few lightning storms. In vanilla was that scroll available? If so, I stand corrected. :)

the chick (who's just survived a shipwreck?) hops up faster than usain bolt from the blocks…. marvellous. :D

her head is quite too small but…. alright, trendy kids want fantasy characters, not humans. (wait, they might spend their week bashing this statement.) :-/

are you trying to sound adult ;)

This is a teeny tiny criticism based on the video… but I did like how in G3 a chest that has been cleaned out displays the word 'chest' with white text. When the chest still had content it displayed the word 'chest' in a colored text like red or orange (red or orange being a visual cue on the difficulty of the lock). This was a great way to tell, without opening the chest, if it was already emptied.

That wasn't implemented in G3 until much later though, (patch 1.6).

are you trying to sound adult ;)

I think you hit the nail on the head there… :)

Regarding the final boss in Gothic 2:

In vanilla, all dragons are redicilously easy. Do not compare the final boss of G2 to the final boss in G2: NotR. The fights are very different. In vanilla, you can smack the boss as any class without any real difficulties, but in NotR you have to play it smart, or you won't stand a chance. Dragons regenerate a lot in NotR, so even leaving them for a short while to heal yourself will allow them to get back most of their hit points.

The "Summon Demon" spell has always been the easiest way of dealing with dragons. As a Magician, you can even make a 5th level rune (for some reason, the highest summoning spell is Army of Darkness, 6th level, despite Summon Demon being far more powerful) that will let you summon such demons whenever you want. A single demon will kill a single dragon in every case but one: The final boss. The final boss will take 2-4 demons usually, depending on how much damage you decide to do yourself while the demon is tanking.

Of course, in vanilla, a single demon will beat the final boss as well.

Looking good, overall.
Seems sorta like a full game version of the new world from NotR.

Hopefully some monsters move faster than those shown. More danger, please.
Women look ugly, guys look ok (no homo).
Absence of swimming sucks.

Rest seems on a good way to reiterate a good old Gothic feeling.
My favourite part were the nautilus antics :).

Can someone get me a napkin because I am drooling ;)

Fights are too long and unrealistic, I don't like how characters look and that annoying "cha", "kha" etc during fights...

Anyway I still hope it's a good game and I won't cancel my pre-order.

That wasn't implemented in G3 until much later though, (patch 1.6).

Ah I never knew that. I played G3 from beginning to end in v1.6.

Back
Top Bottom