Stalker RPG

Damn you. Now I have to buy this while there is no possible way I am ever going to actually use it (Then again I still got all my old PnP books despite not being in the game for the last 15 years or so)….

Thanks regardless ;)

(I'll hold out until I can get a printed version though)

Heh, indeed. A Stalker CRPG is in my all time never gonna happen wishlist after the first few hours with SoC…

Only comes second to my burning desire for PB to continue the Gothic franchise now that the rights have reverted back to them. They could keep making Risens as a more streamlined and approachable franchise and go back to the roots with Gothic 4(canon ;)) !!!

(probably just after hell freezes over and it starts raining money so they can fund the development of a second franchise branch :) )

I've seen that thanks.

I am also considering getting the PDF and printing/binding it locally. Need to check on the quality/price options around these parts first though…

P.S it was the fact that B. Strugartsky endorses (get royalties from) this too that finally sold me btw as this will be mainly a collectible (and some entertaining reading I am sure too) :D

Sound very interesting. Makes me a bit nostalgic for my PnP years...

I still manage to play P&P games a few times a year, tho I used to play almost weekly when I was younger. I might be able to get something more regular going on in the near future, if all goes well.

It's never too late to start playing again if you can find a few interested people near you, or you could try online gaming. :)

Nah, its not only time (that could indeed prove an insurmountable hurdle) but I am just not as sociable and easy going as I was in my teens (iirc a vampire campaign on my first uni year was the last time I played… must have been 19-20 then… ) :)

I could only see that happening with the original gang nowadays and we all have busy schedules I am sure (not to mention being scattered all over the map) :-/

Anyways, I really envy you guys that are able to keep it going, and I always wished I could have somehow kickstarted that Ars Magica campaign I never got going… This one sounds almost equally as enticing as AM (certainly has the setting to carry it ;) )

Edit: Let us know how this one plays if you manage to get something going…

P.S I almost posted "manage" as "mange"… That would have been unintentionally funny :D

Heh, sure. Tho the next game might be Dragon Age. Maybe I'll manage to fit in a one-off Stalker adventure at some point.

I bought the original finnish version of Stalker when it came out, but never got around to actually playing it. It was an ejoyable and inspiring read though. I also bought the english pdf version now to support the maker and on the off chance that I might play it with people who don't speak finnish.

There's some discussion on the game here:
http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?617970-The-Roadside-Picnic-RPG-It-s-finally-here!/

A test copy of a print-on-demand Stalker is on its way towards the offices of Burger Games. If the quality is acceptable, then the pod option should be available in the near future.

Nice. If they manage to keep the cost in the 60$ range they have a customer here :)

That little sample at drivethru really whetted my apetite...

Some news on the POD version:

"The proof copy for the print-on-demand version arrived and I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is that the overall format is okay. To increase the side margins, the printing press has pushed the print areas inwards, so the texts go little closer to the bind than I would prefer but not inconveniently so. Format-wise, I'd accept this.

The bad news is that the paper is so thin that printing on the far side shows through, giving the pages a messy appearance. Also, some one of the b/w images very pixelated, even though they are crystal-clear in the source pdfs (at 600dpi). Curiously, some of them are much more messed up than others, with the game session image on page 64 being particularly annoying.

I am not convinced Burger Games should publish this but I'll check with drivethrurpg.com if something could be done about the paper thickness and images."

Doesn't look too good on the printed version, bummer :-/

Printing it on his own is starting to sound expensive…

The thing is, he is making me skeptical about the option of getting the PDF and printing myself too… I mean if the Pro's there messed it up I shudder to think what kind of quality (and at a premium at that) I'll find around these parts…

Oh well, wait and see I guess…

Some good news:

"Good news! The Lulu.com proof copy just arrived and the quality is perfectly acceptable (although I think the Zone map is cursed; even the Finnish version had a problem with it). I am still waiting for new proof copies from drivethrurpg.com but if they still have problems, at least we now *know* that we can still get a good-quality PoD print out there.

Stalker RPG has been attracting anomalies to it since day 1. Did you know that when the original Finnish version went into print, the printing machine broke down after printing just 21 copies of the game? I took those 21 copies to Fantasiapelit in Helsinki and I think they were gone in like 24 hours."

I happen to have one of those copies that were printed before the machine broke. :p

The PoD version is finally available!

http://www.lulu.com/shop/ville-vuorela/stalker-rpg/paperback/product-20046636.html

"I present to you: the print version of STALKER RPG

As you know, I had hoped to sell the print + pdf as a bundle. When that did not worked out, I had hoped to send my existing drivethru-customers a discount coupon for getting the print version from lulu.com. That was no go as well. All I can do now is thank everybody who supported this hare-brained project by buying the PDF. Because of you, the print version is quite cheap and you get to hear about it first. I will also cut the price the PDF version, so that together they would be closer to what I would have asked for the bundle.

*sigh*

If I ever release something in English again, I'll be a lot wiser. Then again, I would also have to be quite completely insane." -Stalker RPG in Facebook

I use to drop a peek there (his facebook page) every day or so but somehow you beat me to it :)

Certainly getting it at that price… If damn LuLu accept my bleeding address :mad:

Nope : "Invalid zip or postal code given" First time I had this problem in 15 years of international orders >:O

Back
Top Bottom