Risen Harbor Town best case senario?

Acleacius

SasqWatch
It maybe a bit too soon for something like this to have been worked out yet. Does anyone know or seen a Walkthrough for the best case XP and Loot yet for Harbor Town Faction quests? I don't have an Official Guide to check which quests to do for which Faction to net the best XP and Loot.

Also personal play style might not be bad to consider as well, when maxing XP and loot. As an example, it seems fairly safe to take the first quest about Collecting Protection money from Costa/Pawn dealer for the Don. This quest your collecting from a scoundrel who takes advantage of the poor which depending on your play style allows this quest to be done even if you side with the Order, which claims to have the interest of the citizens and misplaced during the crisis.

I tried looking at WoR, the German forums has a list of most all quests but GoogleFu still takes a bit of work and not sure they layout best case. Well if they do I haven't found it or translated it enough to understand it yet. :)

Thanks for any tips.

Just role-play the situation and follow your intuition, you'll enjoy the game more.

Don't worry about every little XP, it won't matter in the long run anyways.

Hey man… I ask myself that question sometimes too… I have thought more about money and have started from an earlier save just so I could max out my earnings…Here are some scattered tips (or are they?)…

I think that three of the quests you should complete for the don at least are the 3 bowls, the armor (ask for more money) and the casket for silverbeard…you should also help out in the protection quest for the guys - just don't complete them and keep the cash… you should also get involved off-course in any quest that you can for any side which doesn't involve siding with anyone… simply save your game before you talk to anyone, check what you get and start over with someone else to compare… that is what I am doing and it doesn't require allot from you…

If you want more xp and don't mind getting it with dubious methods…You can always collect weed (I have 66 for now) and sell it to the farmer in the swamp and then rob him and do it again and again and again and again and again and again and…you get my point…It isn't really cheating because you are not changing any setting or tweaking - you are playing the original game…but I tried it a little and can't really shake the feeling of cheating… I actually prefer if this method only gave you money and didn't give you xp too…that is the only reason I stopped using it after getting about 3000 gold out of it (took me some time huh? :) ) - I don't want to max my character too fast or I will not have anything to look forward too later… but if you really need it then I wouldn't blame you if you did use it - I would look away :)

Thanks JDR13, actually I have played it. Just as I enjoy finding all the secret and hidden spots for loot, gear and xp, I also enjoy finding the best case experiences for my role playing games. They are both challenges and rewarding to me at least, maybe not everyone. :)

Thanks rockyourazz, some good suggestions I will try. I thought about it with the Swamp Alchemist but was thinking I would try to get as much of the Weed as I can first, then maybe beat him once, not sure.

An example I found but still testing some different possibilities, is the Don's Amulet. I found that if you turn it into Toni you get 150 XP and gold, but if you actually take it all the way to the Don himself, you get twice the XP, 300 (150 twice) and 100 gold. I sort of like this option better as I would give up 50 gold to get 150XP any day. :biggrin:

Another little suggestion...

I have done this many times in this game but for instance… Try giving Toni the amulet and getting the XP and gold…Then rob him and take back the amulet to the don and get the Don's XP and gold too…you could try and do this with Hernandez but he always has fellow guards around him…and just generally-I think the order is very stingy when it comes to gold…I would try this with every "quest item" related quest…

These are things I also try out all the time… and also trying to get to places you are only suppose to get to with levitation :) … perhaps thats why I am STILL in chapter 1… and I got this game almost a month and play it everyday :)… but I am not complaining… since reading your post I have also gone back to harbor town to check out some things I missed and I did miss buying Cole's bow (I'm not sure that is his name) from one of the vendors and giving it back to him… I never knew he had a problem to begin with… and I also forgot to rob Walter… wouldn't want to leave him out of all the fun :)

Hi JDR13... I would love to hear about that quest...

BTW: I just went back to do what I told you (Acleacius) to do with Tony and the Don just to double-check and you can do it :) poor tony - the order guys don't even help him... they just stand there looking at me killing the guy hoping I win... poor poor tony :)

The burglar investigation with Cid and Santiago(?) can be completed for both sides.

Keep in mind that it doesn't necessarily mean that you'll get more XP/gold, since you'll get 1/4 towards both factions, that means that you'll have to skip one of the other quests.

:) I wanted to ask you if it was Cid and Rodriguez... with all the hopping between each other it was bound to lead to this plus you also get a choice in dealing with the spy... I guess dynamic multi-way quests could be tricky to pull together... :)

I actually like almost all of this games bugs and oddities so far except for the uneven/unreliable/unfair save games - When you save the game with an enemy in a good distance from you but when you load it he is in your face giving you the final blow :)
It seems the game gives the enemies a two second advantage on you... while you still have a load screen (right after it flickers) the game already starts... you can still input commands while on the load screen - right after the flicker...but most of the times it means the death of that saved game...and I DO get VERY frustrated sometimes... this game is a rollercoaster of different feelings... this is the most recent game I can remember that made me fall deeply in love with it in the first seconds... but it also makes me actually hurt myself and my keyboard and my harddisk... and almost the LCD screen... very seriously... but I need that... so I just try to keep myself from raging towards the screen with my keyboard or break anything important.....and that is how I learned to hurt myself :) Thank you Risen :)

rockyourazz, nice another 150 xp from Toni. :)
I still haven't tried to beat anyone down, even with the Gothic series I was never very good at remembering to try to beat everyone down for XP. In G3 and now Risen you don't even get XP for Pickpocketing anymore and I didn't know you still got XP for beating down in Risen.

I didn't know JDR13, thanks. :)
Can't really figure how that would work, wait does this mean you can get 4/4 with both Factions at the same time? I mean what if your 3/4 with each when you start, or is this a bug?

I didn't know JDR13, thanks. :)
Can't really figure how that would work, wait does this mean you can get 4/4 with both Factions at the same time? I mean what if your 3/4 with each when you start, or is this a bug?

No, you don't get the 1/4 for each one simultaneously.

rockyourazz said:
Try giving Toni the amulet and getting the XP and gold…Then rob him and take back the amulet to the don and get the Don's XP and gold too
Just got a chance to test this, didn't work for me, this way I get 150xp from Toni, beat him, take the amulet to Don for 150xp. I can only seem to get a total of 300xp, by bringing it strait to the Don, don't need all Toni's dialog or to beat him down.

Edit
Actually keeping the money isn't a good idea it seems when Collection Protection Money from Costa. If you turn it in to the Bandit you get 150g and you can Steal it back for a total of $450 gold, which isn't a bad choice as one to do for the Bandits.

Last edited:
These are just the final totals, does not include any of the xp, gold and items you get during the quests.

Doing the Armor Plates for the Inquisition seems to be the single best quest in Harbor Town no matter which side you choose, you get whopping 650 xp, 200g and 200g worth of potions (health or mana).

Turning in the 3 Golden bowls to the Bandits seems to net the most gold of any Bandit or Inquisition quest with 250xp and whopping 600g.

@Acleacius
Re-loading game and taking your notes to action… thanks for sharing :)

UPDATE:
And sorry for giving you shitty redundant advice too... I'll STFU from now on :)

Back
Top Bottom