DA:O Dragon Age Mod Pack V1.0

Dragon Age: Origins
It's definitely not a mod for me, it will end with all female characters running wild and fully free in fresh air with the drawback of a weak protection, not to mention the lost of concentration during the fights. :S

It's a bit too much a "jack of all trades" mod for me.

This is a collection of mods not just a nude hack.;)

I downloaded it. There are some gameplay improvements like getting rid of the personal aura when a spell is active, getting rid of the weapon enchant FX, improved textures (this one is great it's called Justbettertextures), more weapons/armor/buildings/spells, a few mods to make the game more difficult…etc. It basically put the better mods out there into one pack. You can pick and choose what you want to install and what to leave out.

@JDR I'm a little surprised as well. I would of expected your usual weapons/armor mods, but there seems to be quite a few decent mods out there.

With nudes running everywhere I don't see why bother with textures and aura you'll never notice them anyway.

More seriously what's wrong with aura? It needs improvement to be more clear and an icon system would make it more clear (and could be an option) but remove them makes no sense for me.

If you can choose what to install and remove that's ok, good pack then. But myself I haven't even scratch the diversity of the classical setup so I'll skip it anyway.

More seriously what's wrong with aura? It needs improvement to be more clear and an icon system would make it more clear (and could be an option) but remove them makes no sense for me.

Not sure. I didn't install it because I like the auras.

I would like a little icon somewhere that shows me exactly what the enemy is buffed up/weakened with. The auras or glyphs on their feet are hard to keep track of.

Yes I was thinking of auras for party members I felt them too unclear and need select the member to be sure. But for enemies too it's a problem, like not seeing their mana bar, with those spells eating mana it's a weak point.

That said I cannot deny it's a difficult point and even more when you multiply the number of possible aura. Some game did it well but didn't multiply effects.

Was just wondering if anyone else added the mods and started getting ctd's?

I played the game through a few times without any ctd's. I grabbed the mod pak just to look at the additions and now my grandson crashes several times each session.

It may be my rig, and if so I can cope, but wanted to check here about it.

Which mods did you install? This mod pack came with a bunch of different, but better quality mods for Dragon Age. I hope it wasn't the nude mod. Your grandson is going to loooovvvveeee this game if you did :D

Anyway, tell me what you installed and I'll put it in as well to see if iit crashes on my rig. Mine should be able to handle anything these modders can throw at it ;)

So far I installed the bettertextures and haven't had any problems. I'm holding off on the others for a replay as a different character. That difficulty mod looks interesting for my second run.

The mod installer is in fact the best part of this pack for me. Myself I tried few, quickly drop the mass of nude mods to not be tempted, this lower a lot the number of mods available.

So I end with only one mod, QuarterMasterTolby giving a merchant at base camp to use as a free storage. I also installed PHUnlockSpecials, not included in the pack, it unlocks all specializations not yet unlock. Well I removed it right after as it wasn't necessary anymore once all was unlock.

EDIT: I'm replaying the game, companions and dialogs has been a very pleasant surprise, they are more fun to discover at second play than at first play and it seems I get many different dialogs, there's plenty I don't remember from first play, also I didn't dig a lot companions dialogs during first play. For the difficulty, I switch quickly to hard but not sure if I should stick to it or should try harder. All in all I'm hesitant to use mods that change deeply the game because I consider that despite the flaws it has a design deep that worth explore more and that particularly for the overall system and links to the fights. For example I would use a mod giving more and free tactical slots. But it's possible that this will break a balance because of the saving points it will mean, that will bring more to some character building than for some other or for some companions than for some other.

Last edited:
I played the game through a few times without any ctd's. I grabbed the mod pak just to look at the additions and now my grandson crashes several times each session.

I don´t know what other mods are in the pack but I´d blind guess jbtextures might be the culprit. Try uninstalling these.
They ran fine on my comp but I´ve uninstalled them anyway because just running vanilla textures through sharpen filter does not better textures make imo.

For the first playthrough I´d probably only recommend the detailed tooltip mod and maybe the storage chest one.

For the first playthrough I´d probably only recommend the detailed tooltip mod and maybe the storage chest one.
What's name of detailed tooltip mod? And I think that the free merchant is better than the storage chest, same use but more handy because of having categories.

Ok, well like I could have bet, it's in English.

Another good mod, and it is in the pack (but older version), Bash Lock. Its primarily purpose is to allow any character to open locks then it will be based on an attribute level. There's many setup possible through the .ini of DAO.

But the best feature could be that if there's a rogue in the party that can picklock you just need try open with current selected character and the rogue will come by himself to unlock the chest or door. Good feature of NWN (if I remember well or another CRPG) that is coming back in DAO.

The problem to have it in the pack is that it needs some explanation and some manual setup but you have all here including a more recent version:
http://www.dragonagenexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=301

Its at version 1.5 now for the Mod Pack (2.2 GB).

Downloading it now so I have no idea what has been added.

I'm more interested in adventure packs, i.e., user created modules and adventures. I thought it was part of the DA builder.

Back
Top Bottom