Risen - On GOG

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Risen is the first game from the Deep Silver catalogue that will be made availabe on Good Old Games. You can get it now DRM free for $3.99 during the next 46 something hours fro writing this newsbit. After that it will be at the regular price of $9.99 again.

Welcome to the DRM-free Family: Deep Silver joins GOG.com with release of "Risen"!

DRM-free digital distributor partners up with Deep Silver, releases "Risen"-the first installment of the renowned RPG franchise-60% off for the first 48 hours, for $3.99.

The one-stop shop for the best games of yesterday and today for PC and Mac, is proud to announce that a new partner has joined the ranks of the DRM-free Revolution. With release of the critically acclaimed action RPG Risen, Deep Silver is the newest addition to the GOG.com family of partners-with more titles to come in the future.

Risen is set in a luscious environment of the volcanic island Faranga, after a mysterious cataclysm causes the emergence of ancient ruins and spontaneous spawning of unusual, vile creatures. With a gripping storyline, challenging combat, terrific voice-acting, and some impressively original touches like the seamless incorporation of magic into dungeon crawling sequences, the game sets a high standard for fantasy role playing games.

Risen, the first Deep Silver game to release on GOG.com, is available for only $3.99 (that's 60% off from the regular price of $9.99!) for the first 48 hours, until Saturday, April 5, 11.00 AM GMT.
More information.

Already have it, but it's not DRMfree. Is getting DRM removed worth paying $4 or not?
IMO yes is written all over it.

If DRMfree Risen2 also gets such price, I'll also rebuy it on GOG. The core game, I don't need those pathetic DLC and don't want pay a dime for those.

Good that it is on GoG, will probably grab it at this price (and DRM free).

However, I am looking more towards the trilogy on GoG ;).

Won't find time to play it…
Guys, sorry, but what's going on lately with "not enough time" to (re)play real gems?

I mean… This is one of those "must play before dying" games. It's not a masterpiece, still it's something you just need to see and feel under your fingers. And then to catch yourself wishing for more of such stuff.

Find the time for this game!

I am looking more towards the trilogy on GoG ;).
I don't think that Risen3 will be released on GOG in next few years. :(

True, but cmon. Risen 1. DRMfree on GOG. No need to keep physical media any more. No fear of CRC error and whatnot. Cleaner room. Available anywhere, you just need your laptop and internet connection!

Sorry, but in this case I'm like:
throwing-money.gif

have never liked the gothix I've tried. not sure why I would like this. $4 is very good for what it seems to be though.

If DRMfree Risen2 also gets such price, I'll also rebuy it on GOG. The core game, I don't need those pathetic DLC and don't want pay a dime for those.
Apparently Risen 2 will be selled in 2 versions in GOG: only the base game ($19.99) and the gold version (price not especified yet) and an upgrade to gold version.

Apparently Risen 2 will be selled in 2 versions in GOG: only the base game ($19.99) and the gold version (price not especified yet) and an upgrade to gold version.

That will be silly for GoG to do, even if Deep Silver wanted, especially for Risen 2 DLCs. GoG tend to combine games and DLCs in 'gold' packages.

I mean… This is one of those "must play before dying" games.

No, it isn't. The first chapter is nice, after that, it goes down pretty roughly. It's ok, but it isn't even as nice as Gothic (1 or 2 with Addon, pick your choice). It's probably not wasted time, but if you never play it, you will not miss anything.

No, it isn't. The first chapter is nice, after that, it goes down pretty roughly. It's ok, but it isn't even as nice as Gothic (1 or 2 with Addon, pick your choice). It's probably not wasted time, but if you never play it, you will not miss anything.

Speak for yourself. If you're a fan of open-world aRPGs, then you would indeed be missing out by not playing Risen. There aren't a lot of other games like it - especially in recent years.

I agree that it's not as good as Gothic 1&2, but that might have something to do with the fact that those are two of the best open-world crpgs ever made.

Risen 1 was a true gem. It was the true successor of Gothic 2. Also it has a much more realistic and fun combat mechanics. Also an optimum sized open world without making game content stretched thin. On the other hand Risen 2 was a mediocre game. Ridiculous combat system with a world design that follows console rpg formula. Also an uninteresting and unnecessary pirate setting. I hope with Risen 3 PB will return to its roots.

By the way signing with Deep Silver means we will see Sacred 2 and Dead Island games on Gog.

I'm speaking for myself here of course when I say I loved both Risen games to bits for different reasons. With Risen 2 I had a feeling that some things could have been done better (more companions with personal quests, more quests spanning different islands, more to do on/with your ship, Risen 1 combat) and I certainly did not feel that with Risen.

Nevertheless it's strange to see lots of commenters (not necessarily here) bash Risen 2 for the pirate setting when they were praising it pre-release for taking the initiative and changing the usual setting...

Anyway, this deal is great, and a good reminder that I need to replay Risen sometime soon. Wish I had fewer untouched games in my backlog (sorry joxer). =/

I agree, Risen 1 was really something special. Didn't find it on my own, I believe a few people from here turned me on to it. Even better now that it's on GoG!

Hey....that video above, is that Spanky from the Little Rascals?? =p

Back
Top Bottom