Original Sin - Post-Funding Update # 61

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Larian Studios has released another lengthy update for Divinity: Original Sin about the delay, and has three new videos. I'll try to break it bown, and keep it short.

A video summary, featuring the fantastic snowman

In this Kickstarter update, Swen talks about the voice recordings and how they will be implemented in Divinity: Original Sin, the reasons for the (small) delay, how a setback Kirill incurred resulted in this game having one of the biggest soundtracks ever, backer rewards, and more.

The Voices of Original Sin

We had to rob a bank to be able to bring you this news, but our getaway car was swift and drove us directly to a recording studio in London

Right now the studio responsible for Divinity: Dragon Commander is recording voices for Divinity: Original Sin. That means you can once again expect AAA quality voice acting with a fantastic cast.

If you’re not familiar with the voice acting quality of Dragon Commander, check out the following video. It’s bound to get your excitement meter up. We certainly can’t wait to hear the voices of the characters we’ve been working on for so long

The Music of Original Sin

Over 130 songs are going to be included in Divinity:Original Sin and several of them are now ready and polished. To give you a taste of what’s coming, here’s one of the completed tracks with live instruments. Listen on big speakers, it’s never sounded this good!

June 20th becomes June 30th

Because of the voice recordings (and a few other things which will become clear soon) we have to delay the release of Divinity: Original Sin by 10 days.

This is going to give us the time we need to get everything integrated. We know we’re testing your patience, but you can rest assured that we’re as keen as you to release— it's high time we get this game out of our hands and into yours!;) Those extra days, are strictly necessary; we promise!

Physical rewards

If you’re entitled to a physical reward, please fill in your address via your Larian Vault Kickstarter account. No address means no goodies (or delayed goodies).

Mark the date!

On June 18th we’ll be doing another twitch stream, showing off some of the later areas in Divinity:Original Sin as well as crossplay between PC & Mac.

This is going to be stuff that you haven’t seen before and by definition it will be slightly spoilerish.

But it will be cool and we’ll be doing plenty of questions and answers.

When: June 18th, 20:00 CET, 11:00 PST, 22:00 Moscow time

Early Access update – changes 49703 to 50719

We’re planning to do another Early Access update later today, featuring once again several things you’ve been asking for in addition to yet another truckload of bugfixes and balancing updates. Since the last EA update over a 1000 updates were done here at Larian. Full changelist coming once the new version goes live.

Expect things like further tweaks to spell specialization, a lobby which allows you to find other people to play with, much needed balancing changes to the surfaces & a fitting rewarding for eating that annoying shell. Coming soon, very soon ;)
More information.

Last edited:
So, do we need to send our physical address to Myrthos? There are gobs of us getting physical items from the $10,000+ DOS campaign.

I have everybody's physical address as far as I know, because I asked those that should receive a physical item. If you think I do not have it or not the correct one, feel free to and me an update.

Kinda sad that it'll miss my birthday. Also I might not be in the city on June 30 and the next 2 weeks. Oh well, I'll spent the rest of July and August playing Original Sin.

I like the idea of partial voice acting. You get some voices to help the world come alive. But you keep the flexibility and diversity of quest solving with the majority of things that are in text. The blonde headed voice actress really gets into it... interesting to see how they do it.

I have everybody's physical address as far as I know, because I asked those that should receive a physical item. If you think I do not have it or not the correct one, feel free to and me an update.

How do we know what we are getting? Is it the same as the kickstarter pledges?

Really looking forward to this. Played the Alpha for about an hour and it was already really good. Haven't even peeked at it since. I hope this works out well and isn't full of tons of repetitive filler… my main gripe with games.

Motion sensors on the eyelids?? We really need to pay those people more... I don't know what they are being paid, actually, but I'm pretty certain it isn't enough.

I'm sorry to hear Kirill has been too ill to do the orchestra thing. So I guess two out of the six stretch goals will be a no-show? Though partial voice acting is showing up even though it wasn't planned and I sure wasn't expecting over 100 songs in the soundtrack. I guess we're getting to see the reason why studios like to keep things under wraps until they get near release day.

Back
Top Bottom