What to play next?

May I suggest bit different alternative?Have you played precursors?Game is overly ambitious which led to game being bugy and unpolished but definitely worth of time.Also there is unofficial patch but I haven't tried it.

I haven't played them both, so I don't see why that's such an odd question.

it doesn't fit your original list but since you did bring up resident evil i would recommend this overlooked game realease at the begining of the year. its down now to a reasonable price and worth every penny. its somewhat like dead space in its gameplay, but your much more focused on melee, plus even though its from a russian developer the voice acting and script are better in my view than either dead space. its a bit like farhenheit (indigo prophecy) as well for reference. its to bad there was never a demo. so its got the third person survival horror/psychologigal thriller but theres also a post-apocolytic vein which runs heavy through the game. definately the best sci-fi game i've played since deus ex and although not a shooter i enjoyed it way better than rage.
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-AFIS/afterfall-insanity

Thanks, curious. I don't think that's quite what I'm looking for right now, but it definitely looks like it's worth checking out. I've bookmarked the link.

I still remember when the devs created a thread here to advertise it.

Wow. Tough call between FNV and 2W2 for my suggestion. Both games offer a lot of fun gaming time. FNV offers some really good companions who are more believable than most. The writing is top notch though I found the environments in the game to be mostly mediocre. I found Fallout 3 a much more fun world, but FNV felt much more alive as far as people go.

Two World Two is fun mostly for the exploration and all the crazy crafting you can do within the game. I found the love interest in the game to be well done and several of the quests are just a heckuva lot of fun. The weakness of two worlds is probably combat, but if you respec and keep swapping between melee, archery, and magic, it never gets too dull. I found the most fun out of being a mage, but that's my proclivity anyway. The horse racing quests were dull, but skippable. The endgame story is lame, but getting there is pretty entertaining. I didn't think much of the pirate add-on but it wasn't terrible either.

Well I reinstalled Mass Effect, and as soon as I heard the title music again I knew I wanted to play it. I know there are better crpgs I haven't played yet, but this really comes down to the setting for me. I've been craving more Sci-fi since I watched Prometheus, and there's really nothing else to choose from unless I was to start looking at JRPGs.

I'm amazed at the lack of support for ME1 though. There's almost nothing relating to it on Bioware or EA's websites. I had to follow a link from the forums just to find the update and DLC, and I couldn't even find an option to register the game. You would think EA/Bioware should realize that some people are still going to want to play the first game of a trilogy.

Anyways, I'll probably start tonight. Going to play as a male Vanguard.

Back
Top Bottom