Legends of Eisenwald - Developers Diary #2

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Aterdux Entertainment has posted the next Developer Diary for Legends of Eisenwald.

What do we know about AI?

Creating AI as a worthy opponent for players was a great challenge for us. We did a great job of balancing difficulty and pleasure to form a challenging computer enemy. But AI still needs a bit of polishing so we are working on it more. Denis is spending some time fixing the combat AI, which went crazy and used special abilities in a way they were not designed; for example, powerful strike and aimed shot had issues. Also, the AI misplaces the units of characters with two blades and pikes. The new build version is being tested and we continue our job (while we don’t have too many new bug reports).

Everybody loves special effects.

Preparation to improve game effects is one of Nicolay’s longest and labour-consuming projects. Almost everything he’s been busy with during last 1,5 years is related to this task. His special effects work includes rewriting all shaders to provide DOF, SSAO and HDR support, volumetric fog, multiple light sources and ghosts transparency level. So we are also talking about giving our game even more rich visual component.

When will the new patch come?

Patch 0.906 will be huge, because we are planning to add a scenario editor. Of course editor won’t work without some other supporting features, so it’s necessary to do a lot of work again for letting game fully use the editor resourses (for example, mod catalog support). And of course, what we need is more and more testing.
More information.

Boycott all games with Microscopically Small Fonts. The tiny white font does look really strange in the BIG message box...

Boycott all games with Microscopically Small Fonts. The tiny white font does look really strange in the BIG message box…
Yeah you go ahead and boycott the game if you want .;) In the meantime I will be enjoying the beta version of the game.

Last edited:
I've not played this since a very early version, looks like I may have to give it another go soon.

Daniel.

I'm definitely looking forward to this new update, especially with the pretty new graphics additions. My only beef with this otherwise brilliant game was that the UI was a little tricky to navigate. I hope they streamline that a bit. :)

Ok, I'll bite. Why is the horse in the air?

For strategic advantage?

Likely the behaviour is stress related.

Ok, I'll bite. Why is the horse in the air?
It's a game bug. I found it hilarious.:biggrin:
At the beginning of the week we were busy with fixing our testers’ requests and eliminating the bugs they found. This time they captured the uncapturable (no, really!) castle and caught the flying knight when he tried to run away.

Back
Top Bottom