Witcher 3 Share your first impressions

The Witcher 3
There needs to be some lighter areas in the game to offset all the gloom and doom. Sometimes I shut the game down because I'm tired of all the negativity. I

Like you say its an amazing game but it need some "happy endings" here and there and so far it has only been heartwrenching and I had to stop the game after the Baron quest.

Oh my god what an amazing game. I finished Keira's story arc.
I didn't finish it yet.
When I do I'll take the other option and will tell you what happens. Btw, I didn't refuse the offer, someone else perhaps there is, but that someone else is pulling my nose! :D

As for another thing with pesta, I did it completely different than you did.

All I can say this game has so much options during doing quests, it's unbelievable. I'm still unsure how much impact it will or can be later, but it's possible we're seeing choices/consequences masterpiece game here, not just one quest like DA:Bears' dance part.
But nah, I think I'd rather live with my decision, even if I don't like it. I'll choose differently on my second playthrough.
+1
Replayability 100%.

Finally, not a big fan of Gog Galaxy. I wish I would have bought the Steam edition at this point. I've not found a way to launch the Witcher without GG loading also. It also doesn't minimize on load and the patch was over 500 megs on Gog…..

You can run the exe directly from GOGgames/the witcher3 wild hunt/bin/x64/witcher3.

I always kill Galaxy because I've had Galaxy helper errors which sometimes cause crashes.

Spoiler tags please!!!!!

Oops, done. I didn't realize, until you posted this, that it might spoil some stuff. Unfortunately, everyone will be spoiled that enters Novigrad before finishing the Ciri plotline in Velen. To those who haven't reached this far, play the main quest of Velen before going to Novigrad as the narrator spoils the game. The same can be suggested for every region. If you visit any region, the narrator spoils all that happens in the main quest, assuming that you are playing in a linear fashion, instead of open world.....

You can run the exe directly from GOGgames/the witcher3 wild hunt/bin/x64/witcher3.

I always kill Galaxy because I've had Galaxy helper errors which sometimes cause crashes.

Thanks, Fragonard. GG has some wrinkles they still need to iron out. If they want to brag DRM-free they need to make their client superfluous to running a game.

There needs to be some lighter areas in the game to offset all the gloom and doom.

The first two games were like that you know…

I'm still unsure how much impact it will or can be later, but it's possible we're seeing choices/consequences masterpiece game here, not just one quest like DA:Bears' dance part.

joxer, the game has quests for what is basically cameos from previous games that are longer than DAI companion quests, having more choices/consequences isn't that hard to do at this point.

I love Keira's quest arc. It did evoke deep emotions which happens almost never for me with PC games. After finishing it I was sad and I'm wondering if and what consequences there will be. The writting is just really good and I would have never gessed how it ended (for me).

At the moment I'm trying to finish the sidequests, before continuing the mainstory. At the moment I'm level 11 and I'm wondering if there is some levelscaling in the mainquestlines because the suggested level for them is really low (6 for me) and the enemies I fight there are weak.
But the game feels right in the open world department. There are locations with high level enemies that kills you before you can say hi. no levelscaling. So exploring is really rewarding and interesting (not like DA:I or Skyrim) and there is good loot to find.

And I just love that the beard grows over time. AWESOME!

Oh my god what an amazing game. I finished Keira's story arc.
Okay got to the endpoint...
sent her to the witcher base and let her keep those notes.
One can also let her to go to Radovid, but I'm not quite sure that's a wise option as Radovid wants to kill any sorceress. Maybe it's risk=profit thing, but I'm not that kind of a gambler.
Dunno what will happen later, let's just hope she won't go loco. In fact, maybe I'll be more happy if she does. :D

So many paths to take, this game is a blast.

Okay got to the endpoint…
One can also let her to go to Radovid, but I'm not quite sure that's a wise option as Radovid wants to kill any sorceress. Maybe it's risk=profit thing, but I'm not that kind of a gambler.
Dunno what will happen later, let's just hope she won't go loco. In fact, maybe I'll be more happy if she does. :D

I did this..

Okay got to the endpoint…

I did this..
"I killed her and destroyed the notes. She was going to tell Yen and Triss about our little fun under the stars."

LOL
well...
Triss already knows about Yen. Yen already knows about Triss. Plus for Geralt's card gathering in the first game... Triss was okay with it. If Yen protests, ah well. There's always a replay. :D

QUOTE=joxer;1061330526]LOL
well…
Triss already knows about Yen. Yen already knows about Triss. Plus for Geralt's card gathering in the first game… Triss was okay with it. If Yen protests, ah well. There's always a replay. :D
[/QUOTE]

I know they know about each other Triss has already asked me about her. But they don't need to know about all the side quest :)
[

There needs to be some lighter areas in the game to offset all the gloom and doom. Sometimes I shut the game down because I'm tired of all the negativity. I've decided to start over and only do the Ciri stuff at the very end of my journeys in each area. My Geralt is going to trust that Ciri will be fine on her own and he's going to help all folks oppressed by the Nilfs and kill monsters and steal everything not nailed down.

I totally agree. And, in fact, that's what I've been doing. Friday, I think I started in Velen and haven't much left the first waterbound landmass (Grayrocks / Halver Isle), except for the merchants and blacksmith in Lindenvale.

I've only explored maybe half of it (lawnmower style, mind you). Over 3 days! Yikes! And I must say, 90% of the time it was gloomy and rainy. Battlefields littered with a hundred corpses, hangings, miserable peasants, lousy raping bandits. And on top of it, a poor merchant stuck in a cage, that I can't find the key for. This area REALLY needs another merchant, I thought. But apparently my game bugged out. None of the bandits have the key.

But later, on an amazing lighter note, I was rather blown away late last night, after I cleared a ferry and a nearby abandoned fort of ghouls. Cutscene comes in, and the empty fort fills up with about 25 Nilfguards (with lots of chests that I sadly couldn't loot without having to kill them all). I didn't, BTW. But a new merchant appears. :)

Walking back to the ferry the sky was clear and blue, and a new huge Nilfguard ship is moored at the ferry, and the people are thanking Geralt, saying they'll name their babies after him. And you can walk on the ship.

Finally, I see a new fire in the distance. Walk up to it and see it's a huge bonfire, burning all the bodies that were laying around (and now gone).

The reactivity in this game is truly amazing, the attention to details for what wasn't even a quest, really. I was stunned. And the sun was shining brightly afterwards. Nice touch! :)

Last edited:
II was rather blown away late last night, after I cleared a ferry and a nearby abandoned fort of ghouls. Cutscene comes in, and the empty fort fills up with about 25 Nilfguards (with lots of chests that I sadly couldn't loot without having to kill them all). I didn't, BTW. But a new merchant appears. :)

Walking back to the ferry the sky was clear and blue, and a new huge Nilfguard ship is moored at the ferry, and the people are thanking Geralt, saying they'll name their babies after him. And you can walk on the ship.

Finally, I see a new fire in the distance. Walk up to it and see it's a huge bonfire, burning all the bodies that were laying around (and now gone).

The reactivity in this game is truly amazing, the attention to details for what wasn't even a quest, really. I was stunned. And the sun was shining brightly afterwards. Nice touch! :)

I had exactly the same experience yesterday. The attention to detail is sometimes overwhelming. For instance, I looked at minor stuff like the shields worn by soldiers, and you can actually see how those are constructed in a historically correct manner. There's loads and loads of that kind of thing in the game.

There is a certain amount of 'asset repetition' here and there, which is unfortunate but a common problem in videogames and more than amply compensated by all the other things this game does right. And who knows, with a larger budget, next time even the 'asset repetition' will be greatly reduced.

I did some more exploring.
I finished the first part of the Bloody Baron's quest (it was very well done, in my opinion, even if the subject matter wasn't the most original.
But I found myself surprisingly empathic for the guy, and what happened to him. It was also creepy as hell if you think about it)

Also, I was surprised his quest chain continues with me having to make sure his daughter is fine, and also investigating his mother. Seems I now have plenty of story threads that mean for me to head to the swamps where the Ladies of the Wood are.

But I wanted to delay that again, as I already have plenty of other side-quests (I think that's how I am to do these. as I progress in level I'm going to perform both main and side quests (so, even though I initially complained about having quest levels, I'm now thankful for those, as it helps me split them in chunks according to their levels.))

My current quest is the contract for the grave hag in the cemetary of Lindenvale. And for some strange reason, even though I'm at the recommended level, 10 that is, I'm having real problems dealing with her. The main problem is that she seems to be a huge hp sponge. I keep wailing on her, and I'm not making progress. I've also just recently upgraded my silver sword, and I'm also applying the necrophage oil. Still, I don't see much progress. Anyone else had problems killing her?

There is a certain amount of 'asset repetition' here and there, which is unfortunate but a common problem in videogames and more than amply compensated by all the other things this game does right. And who knows, with a larger budget, next time even the 'asset repetition' will be greatly reduced.

OMG please don't!
Just don't.
I don't want 50 gigs, 10 hours Wolfenstein.
I want more games like TW3, Gb size on the disk*10=minimum hours to finish the game.

My current quest is the contract for the grave hag in the cemetary of Lindenvale. And for some strange reason, even though I'm at the recommended level, 10 that is, I'm having real problems dealing with her. The main problem is that she seems to be a huge hp sponge. I keep wailing on her, and I'm not making progress. I've also just recently upgraded my silver sword, and I'm also applying the necrophage oil. Still, I don't see much progress. Anyone else had problems killing her?

Strange... I killed her on my first try at level 7. Quen + Thunderbolt potions. You get a really nice silver sword from her.

Strange… I killed her on my first try at level 7. Quen + Thunderbolt potions. You get a really nice silver sword from her.

Which difficulty did you do it on? I'm on Death March.

I think I'll try it once or twice more, and I'll move on, and return when I'm stronger.

EDIT: I honestly don't know what I'm doing wrong. I just watched a video of some guy killing her on Death March, and he just made it look so easy. I'll have to rethink my strategy

Back
Top Bottom