Thanks, I always forget to check this site (I'm brazilian, then lock isn't a problem) and is a bit cheaper than Steam (Steam was already a cheaper option than other places because the majority of games in the brazilian store have prices lower than the direct conversion between dollars and reais, my country's currency). And answering your question, the page says the game is region locked and can't be played outside of Brazil.

Ah just noticed that too but thanks for pointing out, I will not buy it from there :(

This kind of price difference is what piss me off really. The same game nearly cost double in UK compared to Brazil. I know the usual explanation is tax, but double?

Ah just noticed that too but thanks for pointing out, I will not buy it from there :(

This kind of price difference is what piss me off really. The same game nearly cost double in UK compared to Brazil. I know the usual explanation is tax, but double?
I always find interesting the brazilian Steam Store having cheaper prices in the majority of cases considering our country have very high taxes… (imported games here cost more than twice the price, and this without considering computers and other eletronics…)

My biggest concern about those lesser known sites isn't the cost but rather when you receive the game. For a release such as this, I want to know that I'm going to be able to start playing the moment it's available.

Answer to Joxer's question from Deep Silver Forum Mod:

My latest info is that the German versions include English. If the Steam store page is to be believed (it generally is), English Voice and Text exists, so it wouldn't make any sense to only include one or the other in the German version. The rest of the content of the Collector's/Shadow Lord Edition will (most likely) be German-only, though.

Other info, which is the current status quo of knowledge: UK and US won't get a boxed PC version, only digital; The rest of the world (where it will be released) will get boxed PC copies (though, unlike the German one, including Steamworks DRM).

This all is strictly "the last I've heard..." from an official source. But seeing as most indicators (german Amazon page, lack of boxed PC versions on UK/US retailers) seem to point to these scenarios, too, I'd generally accept them as the truth.

What a bloody mess! If you can get boxed copies to other countries in EU, why not added UK to the list? Is it that hard?

Anyway I think I am going to wait till the game to release and then buy it...

New German release/delivery date:

14. August 2014

says amazon.de

14. August 2014

says amazon.de
Steam says Available: August 12th, 2014 in the US. Looks like it was only pushed back a few days. I'm glad they didn't delay it for another year like other games.

14. August 2014

says amazon.de

Good good! I am in hurry to finish Risen 2 before Risen 3 but it doesn't look like I can finish by 14 Aug :(

The US release date is Aug 12. In Europe it is Aug 15.

The cheapest Steam key that I found is from CDKeys (and it includes the pre-order stuff), and with 5% off if you like them on facebook, it comes down to £19.95 which is pretty decent for a pre-order:

http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/risen-3-titan-lords-pc-cd-key-steam

It also mentions the 12th of August as the release date.

Ah nice find, ty. The price seems to have gone up to ~ £21 now.

I have seen people in reddit steam swap forums selling it for about ~15 but i guess this is more legit than those guys.

I've used those cheaper preorders in the past, this is how they work: Games have different prices for different markets. Specifically in countries like Russia games are MUCH cheaper. What these companies do is they have Steam accounts in those countries, buy a bunch of 'gift' games and then resell them.

Most games are easy as that, they send you the game as a gift to your account which you just activate. The not-so-easy ones are those who are region locked. But even if the game is 'region locked', it's only locked to activate it, and once it's activated it's in your library forever, so for these cases they send you an email with instructions to use a free VPN to mask your IP as if you were in Russia (or whatever country the region is locked to), and activate the Steam key. Is the hassle worth it? Don't know, if you're going to save $2 probably not, but when the difference is $20...

Steam says Available: August 12th, 2014 in the US. Looks like it was only pushed back a few days. I'm glad they didn't delay it for another year like other games.

It wasn't pushed back. As HiddenX posted it was pushed forward a day for Germany because of a national holiday in parts of Germany and all of Austria and Switzerland on August 15.
There was quite a bit of unhappiness among the German community because of that (partial) holiday release which DS probably didn't consider originally. Many gamers in D/A/CH would not have gotten the game before Saturday (8/16) or Monday (8/18).
International dates are not affected in any way. This is purely a German/Austrian/Swiss affair.

I've used those cheaper preorders in the past, this is how they work: Games have different prices for different markets. Specifically in countries like Russia games are MUCH cheaper. What these companies do is they have Steam accounts in those countries, buy a bunch of 'gift' games and then resell them.

Most games are easy as that, they send you the game as a gift to your account which you just activate. The not-so-easy ones are those who are region locked. But even if the game is 'region locked', it's only locked to activate it, and once it's activated it's in your library forever, so for these cases they send you an email with instructions to use a free VPN to mask your IP as if you were in Russia (or whatever country the region is locked to), and activate the Steam key. Is the hassle worth it? Don't know, if you're going to save $2 probably not, but when the difference is $20…

I hear steam ban people if you use VPN? I mean they entire accounts get banned!

Anyway I am not likely to buy the game on release day. I want to finish Risen 2 and I don' think that will happen any time soon, unless I call in sick for work lol!

Most games are easy as that, they send you the game as a gift to your account which you just activate. The not-so-easy ones are those who are region locked. But even if the game is 'region locked', it's only locked to activate it, and once it's activated it's in your library forever, so for these cases they send you an email with instructions to use a free VPN to mask your IP as if you were in Russia (or whatever country the region is locked to), and activate the Steam key. Is the hassle worth it? Don't know, if you're going to save $2 probably not, but when the difference is $20…

That is why it is important to check the type of keys that the seller is offering (which normally is written clearly). I tend to go for the Steam CD-Key international ones (just like the one from CDKeys), rather than Steam gifts or through VPN.

Now Steam puts Risen 3 at £39.99, and CDKeys puts it at £20 (international with pre-order stuff) - the difference is very big in this case.

The voice over for the new main character is a little bit too much, but so far that's all I can say is bugging me about this new game. I read somewhere it was supposed to be the largest game they have made, bigger than Gothic 3 if you can believe that, so I'm excited for the 12th.

Back
Top Bottom