Anyone ever play Sorcerian?

blatantninja

Resident Redneck Facist
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sorcerian

I remember trying to play this game when it first game out. Unfortunately, it required a high density 5 1/4" floppy drive and we didn't have one. My Dad actually called up the publisher and spoke to one of the programmers trying to figure out if there was a way he could get it to work by breaking it into smaller sections for low density disks. Alas, there was no way.

Anyway, I'm on retro gaming kick these days and something reminded me of this game, so I tracked down the name of it.

Anyone play it? Thoughts?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sorcerian

I remember trying to play this game when it first game out. Unfortunately, it required a high density 5 1/4" floppy drive and we didn't have one. My Dad actually called up the publisher and spoke to one of the programmers trying to figure out if there was a way he could get it to work by breaking it into smaller sections for low density disks. Alas, there was no way.

Anyway, I'm on retro gaming kick these days and something reminded me of this game, so I tracked down the name of it.

Anyone play it? Thoughts?
I played it like 18 years ago, just don't ask me anything about it, too many beers since then have clouded my memories

Holy Shit! I had forgotten about that little gem. Used to play it as a kid. Can't remember much about it but the box art fills me with joy when I see it so it must have good...

Reading the Wiki about it was enlightening. I had no idea it was part of a japanese series of games that also included Faxanadu and Legacy of the Wizard. Crazy stuff.

Reading the Wiki about it was enlightening. I had no idea it was part of a japanese series of games that also included Faxanadu and Legacy of the Wizard. Crazy stuff.

I remember playing through Faxanadu on the NES. I also had no idea it was part of a series.

I remember playing this game a *long* time ago. At the time I was very much drawn to it, but I could never get very far in it. I vaguely remember running around fighting stuff and levelling my party, but I cannot remember any kind of story being connected to the game. Probably because I never even completed the first level/scenario :)

Back
Top Bottom