Underworld Ascendant - Greenlit on Steam

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
OtherSide Entertainment's next update for Underworld Ascendant announces the game has now been Greenlit, and shares a new video introducing more team members.

As some of you already know, Underworld Ascendant has been Greenlit on Steam! Only took a week. Not sure if that’s a record, but mighty fast. Huge thanks to all the fans who gave the game a big YES and helped bring us to the attention of the tens of millions of players on Steam. We are still in early prototype development, so many months to go before we’d have a build for Steam. But sweet that we’ve got a slot warmed up and waiting, for when we do.

Wanted to introduce you two more on the OtherSide team. Chris Siegel is the Senior Producer on the project. His job is to keep the rest of us in line, and wrestle any stray raccoons that wander in from the street. Chris worked with me at LookingGlass on Thief and several other projects, and then did an extended stay at Turbine working as producer on several of their leading MMOs. Steve Pearsall is our jack-of-all-trades, wearing a half-dozen hats at any time. Steve also worked with me at LookingGlass, including as Producer on Thief Gold. Between these two they have shipped over a dozen award-winning games, so they know how to deliver.
More information.

Oh man, they've got them working in rooms together instead of in cubes? <shudder>

Getting approval from Steam this quickly....this makes me wonder that, even if they don't hit their goal on Kickstarter, might the game still get made? Because, in my opinion, simply already having the coverage on Steam has an inherent value.

Getting approval from Steam this quickly….this makes me wonder that, even if they don't hit their goal on Kickstarter, might the game still get made? Because, in my opinion, simply already having the coverage on Steam has an inherent value.

I'm pretty sure they will hit their goal..they have 12 days left with 91k to make….

As a sort of related note, shroud of the avatar took 72hrs.

Yes, this is really not a record. Also, keep in mind that Greenlight changed a lot during the last months, so you don't need a lot of votes nowadays to get greenlit. As Greenlight went to obscurity, there is no real "coverage on Steam" thanks to it anymore. It doesn't help that 100s of games now get greenlit bimonthly or so - which means there is not much press for those.

Source: talking to other developers on Greenlight and having a greenlit game on Steam.

Back
Top Bottom