Healthy food, natural supplements, and herbal teas

I take the following every day:

-2 cups of organic matcha green tea (imported from Japan)
-4 cups of organic rooibos tea
-4 squares of dark chocolate (80 % cacao)
-2 gel caps of fish oil (triglyceride form)
-2 multivitamins (without vitamin A or beta-carotene)
-6mg of astaxanthin
-1 gel cap of turmeric
-400 mg of CoQ10
-1 capsule of Zembrin (plant extract to stabilize and improve mood)
-5 grams of chlorella (green seaweed enhancing heavy metal elimination)
-4500 IU of Vitamin D
-25 mg of lutein (+5 mg of zeaxanthin)
-250 mg of high potency bilberry extract
-Cal-Mag supplement
-Protiobics

I avoid the following: sweets or sugary products, hydrogenated oils, sauces, bread, products made with wheat, industrial food (anything from Kraft, Kellogg's, Nabisco, etc), along with many other similar products.

My diet is mostly based on: eggs, chicken, porc, beef, whey protein isolate, dark leafy green vegetables, berries, and almonds.

There's a traditional plant extract made from hops and fermented whole grains that I find significantly elevates my mood.

There's a traditional plant extract made from hops and fermented whole grains that I find significantly elevates my mood.
I find fermented fruit more to my taste that significantly elevates my mood.
liqueur_smiley.gif

Beer is derived from wheat and bad for you.

When I look for a similar effect, I drink a cup of labrador tea. It was actually used as a hops equivalent before hops use became widespread.

Or a ginger and peach tea, it has a stimulant effect too, without being overloaded with cafeine, or having any of the side effects of alcohol.

If you don't have to develop a multitude of chronic health problems while growing old, you need to be very proactive in regards to your health and also pretty strict.

I doubt the money and energy spent on managing such a diet leads to considerable results. These are things marketed as healthy, not necessarily very healthy in reality. And other factors than food, training and genetics for example, seems to affect our health even more than diet.

There are unhealthy things marketed as healthy, but modern nutritional science has a lot to offer. For instance many phytochemical compounds present in certain foodstuffs (for example, green tea) are very desirable because they permit our bodies to function better.

Health is 90% about diet. Food is like a drug, you're drugging yourself every time you eat. Most people these days die to preventable chronic diseases like heart disease, type 2 diabetes, or even cancer. You are not a slave to your genes; you can give the body all it needs to allow it to function optimally and heal itself.

If you don't have to develop a multitude of chronic health problems while growing old, you need to be very proactive in regards to your health and also pretty strict.

Not really, there's little to no evidence to suggest moderate amounts of "unhealthy" food give you chronic health problems.

Yes if I were to binge drink like so many people actually do then my liver is going to have lots of problems.

Or if I are one kg of sweets every day then it would be likely that I gave myself problems.

However if I eat one bar of mars or snickers a day that's not going to be a problem in the long run.

Similarly, drinking a glass of wine every day of the weekend isn't going to harm my liver.

Again, you're overdoing it.

Not really, there's little to no evidence to suggest moderate amounts of "unhealthy" food give you chronic health problems.

Yes if I were to binge drink like so many people actually do then my liver is going to have lots of problems.

Or if I are one kg of sweets every day then it would be likely that I gave myself problems.

However if I eat one bar of mars or snickers a day that's not going to be a problem in the long run.

Similarly, drinking a glass of wine every day of the weekend isn't going to harm my liver.

Again, you're overdoing it.

It depends what your definition of unhealthy is. If you look at the standard Western diet, you see that every day, often at every meal, people eat things that are flatly terrible for them, but yet which they see as benign, such as fruit juice, yogurt, a frozen pizza, pasta... all things that are terrible for you. This is what people eat, day in, day out. There is only very little place left for unprocessed food that has a color and a texture. And when people eat it, they add a glucose-ladden sauce to it or other similar nasties.

Yes, if you say every day, then I agree with you.

My point is that there's no reason to never have pizza.

Also I see no reason why fruit juice is bad for you, lots of vitamins.

Yes the sugar is bad, but again, moderation is key.

Having too much whey protein isn't good for you either.

It even says on the pack not to have more than two drinks of it a day....

If you have pizza every day then it's bad. If you have pizza one day and then the next day you eat good food ( veggies, low fat chicken and some fruit) then you're fine.

I can't get on board the wheat-is-evil train, but I do notice a big difference in my level of energy and alertness between when I'm being stricter with myself and when I take an "oh what the hell it's just one pizza" attitude.

I did a food diary for a couple of weeks, and it may seem dumb but it's an eye-opener for real when you do it consistently. Noting down "five potato chips" and then having to go back and alter it to "fifteen potato chips" and then a few minutes later "entire bag potato chips" -- well, it brings you face to face with human weakness.

Well, eating good food is important, but I wouldn't say that it is 90% of your health, excersice is at least as important as eating good food, excersice would contribute at least as much.

I am all for a healthy lifestyle myself, but that is probably becasue I don't get much enjoyment out of doing unheatlthy things, it doesn't mean that I never eat food that are not good for my health or sweets or such, but I try to do it in moderation. I also go out a lot and excersice and so on, and make sure to live in a place with very clean air!

All this has contributed to my biological age being like a 15 years old :D

Watch the video Sugar - The bitter Truth on YouTube. It confirms a lot of things mentioned in this thread and delivers some scientific background.

I always put it this way to people that ask me why I eat healthy and exercise. People who do neither usually start having chronic illness in their 40's and 50's. People who eat right and exercise don't start developing these chronic issues until their 60's and 70's.

I would rather have 20 more good years of good health. We could all get hit by a bus tomorrow but since I am 44 I want to enjoy my middle age. I want to be able to play CRPG's for many more years. :)

Let's see…

I smoke.
Coffee, 2-3 cups a day is a must.
Beer here and there, not everyday but often.
For nonalcoholic drinks I do not touch nonspearkling/nonsoda drinks. Also I would never touch artificial sweetners. So coke vulgaris I'll still do, coke zero won't go in me.

Only meat on my table comes from stores (I have no control over that), vegetables and herbs are nonGMO produced locally and with minimal application of pesticides and nonorganic fertilizer. This means uglylooking but unbelievably tasty tomatoes, beans, peaches, etc on the plate and natural mint, comomile, sage, etc in a tea.

I do not use tablets or pills of any kind. I don't care for mineral and vitamins hype then milk 'em advertisments.

I'm not overweight nor underweight, I have almost no grey hair yet, I can't remember last time I had any health problems - and I'm 42.
Okay, I should go check my right eye, I've hurt it and it feels like an ameba colony got inside as it produces some sort of white slime for days now, but that has nothing to do with my food/drink habits.

In short, I'm trying not to consume anything artificial and if I do I'm keeping it at minimum. It's impossible to completely avoid quasiestrogen from conserved food/drinks, also you can't buy nonradiated exotic fruit. Industrial vegetables/fruit go on my table only if I have no other choice.
And I honestly don't know how my doctor looks like.

Well, eating good food is important, but I wouldn't say that it is 90% of your health, excersice is at least as important as eating good food, excersice would contribute at least as much.

That is simply not true. Your great great grandmother never exercised, and never got fat. The term aerobics didn't even exist until the 60s, and it was unheard of to exercice in a gym.

Exercising does nothing or virtually nothing for weight loss and stimulates appetite.

You need to remain active, but exercise should be of low intensity and long in duration.

It's worth enjoying life as it is quite short.
That's why you shouldn't actively try to make it shorter by eating unhealthy or say smoke, it is so easy to make it shorter still. Modern diets are often terrible, just have that in consideration and you've already made progress to a healthier and more enjoyable life.

That is simply not true. Your great great grandmother never exercised, and never got fat. The term aerobics didn't even exist until the 60s, and it was unheard of to exercice in a gym.

Exercising does nothing or virtually nothing for weight loss and stimulates appetite.

You need to remain active, but exercise should be of low intensity and long in duration.

True but exercise is great for your mood and wards off depression. Also, it's great for your brain. Some new studies have come out that 5 min. of running a day is just as healthy as running for an hour a day. So the long in duration may not be correct.

Back
Top Bottom