Need help to remember a movie title

Foss

Sentinel
Just came to think about a horror movie I saw as a child which I can't remember what was called.
Tried google for it with no result so I hope any here might help me.

Its about a young woman who works as a nanny and abduct the children she takes care off and bring them to an old tree that consumes them.
I remember being able to see the childrens faces in the bark of the tree.
The tree is alive and intelligent in that it can move its branches on command (A bit like the old tree in the Harry Potter books). I remember a scene where some young men find her out in the field/forest and not sure if they try to chase her down or they are just playing, but she leads them to the tree which then kills them with its branches.

The hero of the film is a man who tries to stop her, though at some point he gets trapped in his own car and home when wolves, who is alligned with the woman, attack him.

The film ends with the man using a chainsaw to chop down the tree, and the tree sprout out blood as he saws it over.

Anyone know what I am talking about? :)

Thats the one, thanks alot :)

Man, not sure how old I was when I saw it, was 7 years old when it came out, but I think I was probably around 12 or 13 when I watched it at a friends house. Left some lasting images in my head :)

As I remember, there were some rather naughty scenes in that one for a 12-13 year old.

Tbh, the only scenes I remember are the ones I described above.
They must have had a bigger impact than any naughty scenes that might have been in there. Though, the movie decription in your link suggest the druid was having an affair with the "hero" which I can't recall at all.

Though, to be fair, I have never had a very brave soul when it comes to scary movies/scenes or games for that matter. :)

I have hard time to figure out which horror movie based on your description, but i remember the poster and the title; seen it on TV more than decade ago and then on Video CD later on.

Hehe, not surprisingly, since my description is basicly 13 year old flashes of memory :).
I didn't recognize the cover or title either from the link dteowner gave. It was first when I read the description on that page that I knew it was the right film.

Poor Dte, the worst horror here is that you made him feel his age. ;)

Yes well, considering the nanny was played by the lovely Jenny Seagrove, there are some other scenes in that movie that I remember more clearly than some old tree :wow::blush::sweatdrop:

Looking for a movie i saw 2-3 years ago maybe, it is polish or czech about a student boy that starts working in a firm/company related to social media or something like that; he has a mature woman as boss and sleeps with her at some point. He also fakes stuff about his life so he can become the boyfriend of some girl out of his league i think. It is fairly recent and it was received well by critics or media i think worldwide.

Sorry, but the link doesn't work for me ...

LOL

Looking for a movie i saw 2-3 years ago maybe, it is polish or czech about a student boy that starts working in a firm/company related to social media or something like that; he has a mature woman as boss and sleeps with her at some point. He also fakes stuff about his life so he can become the boyfriend of some girl out of his league i think. It is fairly recent and it was received well by critics or media i think worldwide.
While I can't answer this question, I cite it here, since I fear that it might get buried under the necro posts above.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom