Grimoire thread again

Konjad

Keeper of the Watch
I was wandering why Cleve came back on 'dex today. Now I see. You just closed his thread (what a nice thing to do!). Why do you hate him so much? He's trying so hard to be praised for his game, even though he can't make it. He has it in his mind though, let him be attention whore, because why not?

Because there are other places than the watch where you can throw insults at each other, here we prefer threads to discuss the game and preferably in a friendly tone, after all it is kind of pointless to bash everything about it without even having tried it.

We don't hate Cleve here, we support him. However, that particular thread had run its course and was degenerating into insults.

I think the overall air here has been rather nice to Cleve. Lets face it, by his admission, he has worked on this thing for 15 years. That means the origins of the this project start in 1995. He's been promoting it ever since.

There has been 7 major version of Windows OS sold during this time. I alone, have ran 6 of those versions since I first heard of Grimoire. It's quite probable that any "bugs", or crashes, are not due to the game code but due to it being so outdated. Had it been released in a timely manner, he would have had his perfection, or as close to it you can get when you're stuck with an operating system that has "blue screen of death" as a normal, everyday occurrence.

I think many, if not most, of us here and in the computer role playing game communities across the internet have fond memories of similar games from those days. Quite probably, we'd like Grimoire. After 15 years, we've moved on. I fully expect Tactica to be out long before Grim comes to fruition. I may even learn to draw, and my own project get finished. Or at least, start buying art to use, rather than parts for old cars.

This is of course ignoring the unwashed masses comment by Cleve, which struck entirely too close to my Illuminati crack earlier. How was I to know it was almost the truth?

Cleve updated:

I am editing the extensive, exhaustive logic for The Entity and Lord Ahriman in the game. They each have more than a thousand lines of dialogue, a dozen behaviours, a couple of easter eggs and some surprises in their interaction with the player.
Once these final two are done, I have to make a few changes to two other NPCs and I will consider the NPC logic closed until the final gamma testing begins.
Between now and end of August I have a large list of little tweaks and bugs to work my way through before I begin to formally organize the testing team, including some monster and spell animations to complete. Nothing major at all, just little things I left for the very end to finish off.
Almost done for real. Never been this close to the end before.

who believes in this crap anyway?

Well, you keep starting threads about it, so I'd think you'd be near the top of the list of believers, all things considered.

(With all apologies to fellow fans of Jayne Cobb and Firefly.)

Cleve!
The Man they call Cleve!
He's lied for 10 years, and he'll lie for 10 more,
He lives in a cave, with a big metal door.
Our mistrust of him now, ain't hard to conceive,
The man behind Grimoire, the man they call Cleve!

Now Cleve saw the Codex's interest waning,
He feared RPGWatch would forget.
Our belief in his words, beyond straining,
Our attention he needed, you bet.
So he said, "Please indulge my neurosis!"

"Pay attention to me, please!"
So Cleve redesigned his site,
The golden baby still shone bright,
A new 'release date' he announced, with such ease.

Now here is what separates rampant narcissists
From common folk like you and I
The man they call Cleve
it's hard to believe
had never eaten humble pie.
You see he couldn't hold a simple promise
He couldn't tell the honest truth
And the man they call Cleve
Was hard to believe
His demeanor, was simply, uncouth.

(All in good fun. I actually hope he finishes the damn thing. Would love to play it someday.)

The tune can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh1RkW1of6E

Back
Top Bottom