Fable Legends - Interview @ Edge

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
John Needham, the new head of Lionhead has been interviewed by Edge, with the main topic being that Fable will change Lionhead into a studio that provides a long lasting service for Fable. After the initial release of Legends they will provide new add-ons to the game for the next 5-10 years.

Legends is step change for Lionhead in scope as well as approach. It’s a longterm project so large that it has made further spin-offs like Fable: The Journey redundant, says Needham. “We can do other styles of Fable games, and keep them within Fable Legends. My plan is that Legends is essentially a platform for almost everything Fable going forward. It’s a long-range plan, of five to ten years, where we’re going to build and keep building onto Fable Legends. That’s the nature of games as a service – you keep adding systems and features and content.
Just think of it, you will be able to play Fable with new content for the next decade or so on a Xbox One (and its successor(s) probably)....

More information.

Can't even describe how excited I am about Fable, Xbox in general and all those schemes to sell a console by enforcing "exclusivity".

And my day started really good, I thought nothing can ruin it. I was wrong.

Sounds like a cash grab in it's purest form.

Keywords:

-online feautures
-connectivity
-social experience
-platform
-game as a service
-5 to 10 years business plan
-business model: either free to play or some other form of micro transaction.

This is strange, pretending Fable is some kind of hot commodity right now. If it ever was, it certainly isn't today. Kind of pathetic. I wonder which brilliant marketing douchebag came up with this idea. He probably was promoted.

Back
Top Bottom