RPGWatch Side Quest: The Avatar and Me

So saying, "yeah huh!" when I articulated my point, or giving useless examples unrelated or connect or even lacking the ability to be connected to this argument has no bearing on anything.
Only you lack the ability to connect our examples to your argument. Faced with three people apparently talking at cross purposes with him, a more capable individual might wonder if he hadn't missed the point. Not you; if you don't understand a single thing anyone says to you, you declare victory.

Roqua, the alien analogy to which you have devoted so much criticism was in response to your statement: "If I can't be disproven, I am logically correct". Judging by your earlier comments, it appears as though you didn't quite grasp the meaning of Ad Ignoratiam so I merely provided an example to aid in understanding the fallacy. The aliens don't actually have anything to do with RPGs (not as much as elves and dwarves anyway).;)

Though a really good alien rpg would be fun to play!! :biggrin:

Good Lord, this is some high-brow stuff. Do I at least get some experience points for slogging thru the quest? Perhaps a bonus intelligence point or some such?

Ah, but do you need a bonus to intelligence?!! :) Well, I guess anyone who supports both the Wings and the Cowgirls needs SOMETHING!!!! :biggrin:

No kidding.

Too much navel-staring for me. Doesnt it seem like all these convos are essentially the same one, being re-hashed over and over?

Someone get the stake and holy water for crissake!

Roqua, you are wrong. I was playing Oblivion the other day where, you know, I control my character with most of my own leet skills. This is better than numbers because face it, math really sucks. I know Oblivion uses some numbers but they keep it hidden well so I dont see it. They're just there to keep you nerds happy. I doubt they actually do anything. Just pretend clicking the left mouse button is like rolling natural 20s OK? Anyway I bitchkilled a bandit in daedric armor (I have 10 full sets of this armor) and stole his gold. I then put it on the ground next to bum. This is real role-playing BTW.

Roqua, you are wrong. I was playing Oblivion the other day where, you know, I control my character with most of my own leet skills. This is better than numbers because face it, math really sucks. I know Oblivion uses some numbers but they keep it hidden well so I dont see it. They're just there to keep you nerds happy. I doubt they actually do anything. Just pretend clicking the left mouse button is like rolling natural 20s OK? Anyway I bitchkilled a bandit in daedric armor (I have 10 full sets of this armor) and stole his gold. I then put it on the ground next to bum. This is real role-playing BTW.

All right!!! You're back!
Sweet username btw.

How the hell did you, or where the hell did you find those armours!!!
Don't think I never found one of those... :'(

Anyway, I think you should, hummm, behave a little, and maybe they'll let you stay a little so that we could heed your preachings.

All hail VB!!!

So, due to the utter lack of opposition, I claim tournament rule and win by default. I am sole victor and what I have stated is law. The opposition was challenged, but never showed up.

Holly s..T! How could I have missed this explosive conversation!!! :lol:

Just started reading this thread a few moments ago.
Wanted to butt in and tell you that what you say makes sense.
I'll read it over again just to see...

Don't want to start a fight here but I just want to know.
Do you challenge every one like that? I mean, you'll eventually regret it.
I speak by experience...

Anyhow, I see the humour and it makes me grin quite a lot! :biggrin:

Too much navel-staring for me. Doesnt it seem like all these convos are essentially the same one, being re-hashed over and over?
Gee, y'think? I honestly wonder why Dhruin bothers to write these editorials, when he could get the same result from "That's not an RPG! Discuss." But if we could have just convinced roqua to shut up about it, that'd be ninety percent of our problem solved...

Wait till you see the next one from me!! Even Dhruin worries I might have been a trifle too controversial!! I might yet have to tone it down!! :)

Why do I write them? Because I enjoy doing it (when I can find the time), it's good to have new "content" for the site and the topics are actually different...even if they often devolve into the same discussion. :)

This one was actually about playing through an avatar vs putting yourself into a fantasy simulator...I suspect my obtuse writing style disguised that a little too much to steer the conversation onto that topic.

And I love Roqua's participation, so please keep it up!

@Corwin, I don't worry about it being too controversial...I'm just not sure everyone will understand you don't take a position for the sake of discussion.

roqua's funny as hell when he's derailing someone else's conversation.

I take 'positions' to hopefully stimulate discussion. I have NEVER claimed to believe anything I write and I will swear under oath that I never wrote it if challenged!! :biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom