Neverwinter - Tyranny of Dragons Trailer

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Perfect World Entertainment & Cryptic Studios released a new gameplay trailer for the next expansion for Neverwinter called Tyranny of Dragons.

Season of Dragons roars on with the brand new Official Gameplay Walkthrough for Tyranny of Dragons! Experience the new Dragonborn player race, get guided through the powerful dark magic abilities of the new Scourge Warlock class, and get prepared for the invasion of Faerûn by dragons & the nefarious Cult of the Dragon.
More information.

Was curious to check out the icewind dale expansion until I realized it was for level 60 or higher. No way I am gonna play up to level 60 to see it. These MMO's just make me miss the old days... I wish they would make a single player game like Baldur's gate.

Anyone playing this?

I restarted playing around when the Icewind Dale expac was released, but stopped a few weeks after I read that each of the expansion is super grindy to advance to the next one (i.e. you have to repeat content over and over again to unlock boons to access the next one) and I didn't feel to do that with all my characters.

Super linear content is really not my thing.

I tried it at some point but it was grindy, boring and constantly trying to sell you something. Instances quest were uninspired corridor fights. Shame, really.

EDIT: Out of curiosity I have checked that announcement - apparently in the xpac you can play as a Dragonborn. If you pay for it, that is. But there is a promotion now, the pack that it contains is only €71.24. I think I'll pass, tempting as it is.

Been playing since Beta, and like fungus says, it is a little hard sell. I bought the HOTN pack which was good value, but the latest Dragonborn one is vastly overpriced. :greedy:

The Dragonborn look more like giant Budgies, so i'm passing on that and waiting to build my Tiefling Scourge Warlock. :evilgrin:

Ok so I am not missing anything, thanks for the replies all:)

Game is as hollow and as about extracting money from the audience as it always was.

Back
Top Bottom