The Witcher - Recommended by BioWare

Well of course they'd recommend it, it's using their engine :p

In return, they get a nice advert for the Aurora engine.

Have you ever thought that maybe Bioware (also) thinks it is a great game, too :)
Apart from the obvios marketing thingy. However, NWN2 also uses the Aurora engine, so on the back of the NWN2 box there is Bioware icon or symbol, too.

I think it is nice :) that a wellknown companu like Bioware is trying to help the new kid on the block :)

As far as I know, the developers of The Witcher has also worked with BioWare in the past. They translated BG2 into Polish or something some years ago. It's quite clear that the two companies know each other on some level.

Yeah. I'm pretty sure CDProjekt has published and translated all Bioware games.

I think Bioware and Atari ain't too happy with each other. Both companies seem willing to shoot themselves in the foot rather than working with each other anymore. Bio by refusing offers to develop games offered to them, and Atari by scuttling the Digital Download games being developed.

My point being, this is the reason Bio has done little to promote NWN2. They certainly had no interest in developing it themselves.

Another point too, this is a very foreign title without any name recognition (The Witcher?). NWN2 had a lot of built in market being a sequel.

I think it's safe to conclude that we can conclude nothing from this.

The Witcher looks interesting, and I'll be checking it out regardless. I really couldn't care less what Bioware thinks of it, genuinely or otherwise, and why would you? It's not like their opinion is magically connected to an objective truth moreso than any other.

The Witcher looks interesting, and I'll be checking it out regardless. I really couldn't care less what Bioware thinks of it, genuinely or otherwise, and why would you? It's not like their opinion is magically connected to an objective truth moreso than any other.

Well said. I'm sure if Bioware thought the game was complete crap, they would still recommend it based on the engine tie in.

That's like saying Ensemble Studios "endorsing" a brand new RTS, from nobody, means nothing. Sure it does.

Whether or not you personally consider NWN's, KOTOR's, BG's, and any other well known rpg acronym associated with Bioware to be tru rpgs or not, they are widely viewed by the general populace as such. A "thumbs up" from Bioware is a pretty strong endorsement.

You are a big fat liar!!!!!!!!!! What Bioware says is very important to everyone that loves challenging rpgs with awseome combats! I wasn't even knowing or looking at the game until I saw this? Whicther who? Know I know because Bioware is a moral company that just wants to help some third world country company out, and they did because now I am buying this game. They where even voted the best country to work for in the world by Canada because they give money to poor black babies and they are very fun place to work for. Mass Affects will slobs on ur knobs chief-o.

Okay, maybe you are not a big fat lair. Maybe just really misinformed :)!!!!

roqua? roqua is that you?

Bio does host the NWN2 forums, which pretty much inherently ties the game to Bio in many minds.

Anyway, I don't think this newsbit reveals anything at all...it was more of a...curiosity.

Bio does host the NWN2 forums, which pretty much inherently ties the game to Bio in many minds.

Anyway, I don't think this newsbit reveals anything at all...it was more of a...curiosity.

Well its news either way. Bio did offer Freedom Force as as Digital Download one time. And this is very like Bio to do this sort of thing.

On the NWN2 forums, consider that Obsidian managed to collect about 30 000 registered users on their forums before they shut it down compared to Bioware's 2 million. I quit those forums as many of the members were were ex-Black Isle/Fallout fans.

In short, I'm pretty sure Bioware got paid.

A few comments here and there from the devs at the inflexibility they have on Bio's forums has shown to be having some frustration. The blogs they are posting on their own site tell me they'd like to get fans to migrate.

$10 says that Tom Ohle is not completely innocent here ;) .

This is just a bit... strange, no? When was the last time a big time studio posted a big fat valentine in the form of a splash page to a fledgling studio's first game?

I think they are bonking! :biggrin:

Well they were linked as Bioware did sell them the engine.
This happens in the FPS market to a lot, if someone buys Unreal or id, then there is a promo about the union, sInce games take 2-4 years we really don't here aboiut eveyday.

Let us not forgot that Greg and Ray once in an interview said that they enjoyed Gothic 3 very much. And as this is German studio with no connection to Bioware whatsoever, I'm pretty sure that Greg and Ray meant it.

Are you saying that Bioware wants to host the forums for 'the witcher'?

And they do have a connection to Bioware, as they worked closely with them in translating the BG's and also adapting the Aurora engine. But I don't think it's all cynical on Bioware's part. They are being supportive of the genre, and that helps everyone--gamers and developers.

Back
Top Bottom