Gta 5

I'll be waiting for a PC release.

That's my worst nightmare. Their current engine is based on GTA IV and Max Payne and that's one lousy engine (or lousy ports by Rockstar). They just don't care about PC since they are making significant sums from consoles.

I would say leave GTA V out of the PC until the time where supercomputers shrink to the size of a laptop!

I got my copy for my PS3. It is pretty cool indeed. I still need to get re-acquainted with the difficult controller targeting, as I refuse to use autoaiming. But other than that it's cool.

It looks good, but not spectacular. I can't wait to see how it looks on PC. I think they switch models to low-poly ones when you cover ground at high speed, because it somehow looks a little worse when you're speeding through the city.

What I love about it, is the voice-overs. They did wonders with it. Trevor for one, is hilarious as hell.

PS: I love cycling around the country-side. And I know how weird that sounds. We've reached an interesting place, mankind I mean. Where we enjoy performing things we could do in the real-world, but choose to do it in a virtual one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw8gE3lnpLQ

Last edited:
That's my worst nightmare. Their current engine is based on GTA IV and Max Payne and that's one lousy engine (or lousy ports by Rockstar). They just don't care about PC since they are making significant sums from consoles.

I would say leave GTA V out of the PC until the time where supercomputers shrink to the size of a laptop!

I keep on the bleeding edge of tech so I never had a problem with Gta 4 and would welcome 5 but yes they should optimize it better so it doesn't require a cutting edge pc.

I suppose if I had to I could play it on ps4 but that would be a bargain bin purchase.

I've tried 2 GTAs (Vice something and 4) but it's really not the type of games for me, too twitchy.

Holy crap......lol, do they still charge 50-60 bucks for new releases on consoles? What suckers, get a pc and save bucks in the long run! Heck, the last time I had a game in my ps3 was Red Dead Redemption, and that was like 2 yrs ago.

-Carn

GTA5 made over 800 million dollars on it's first day, on both consoles.
That number really made the "indie" in the RPGs I'm currently looking forward to really sink in.

Here's a shocker. GTA5 made over 800 million dollars on it's first day, on both consoles. Holy cow. It's expected to easily get over 1 bln in it's first month.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/09/18/us-taketwo-gta-idUSBRE98H0Z720130918
Well is anyone surprised. Grant Theft Auto sells just as well as any COD worldwide every time.O_O It's not going to change either, and the millions invested in marketing help also.

Next time someone complains about a Kickstarter needing more money should take a lesson here. This game cost $265 million to make.

Expect the PC version in the following months. The code is already in the engine. As for me I'll wait as I learned this from the last one.

Last edited:
Heck, I learned from GTA 3 that it's not my type of game. Saints Row, on the other hand....

The Saints had a bit of fun yesterday releasing the "GAT V" DLC. It was free on Steam for a day, too.

Heck, I learned from GTA 3 that it's not my type of game. Saints Row, on the other hand….

The Saints had a bit of fun yesterday releasing the "GAT V" DLC. It was free on Steam for a day, too.

I want to try the SR games. I got SR 2 and SR: The Third + all DLC from a Steam sale earlier in the summer, but I haven't got around to installing them yet.

How do they compare to GTA? Is SR 2 still worth playing? I've read that the PC port was really shoddy, at least when it was released.

I want to try the SR games. I got SR 2 and SR: The Third + all DLC from a Steam sale earlier in the summer, but I haven't got around to installing them yet.

How do they compare to GTA? Is SR 2 still worth playing? I've read that the PC port was really shoddy, at least when it was released.

SR2 PC is crap - but the game itself is pretty good.

Personally, I prefer GTA because it's less over-the-top excessive - and I like a more serious approach, even if both games have lots of humor.

I think Sleeping Dogs is one of the best recent GTA clones - and I like it more than any Saints Row game. If you haven't played that - I'd recommend checking it out.

I think Sleeping Dogs is one of the best recent GTA clones - and I like it more than any Saints Row game. If you haven't played that - I'd recommend checking it out.

Yeah, that's not the first time I've seen someone praise Sleeping Dogs. It happens to be dirt cheap right now so I'm going to purchase it. Not sure when I'll have the time to actually play it though.

I see it has the typical shitload of DLC. Do you know if any of it is worthwhile?

Yeah, that's not the first time I've seen someone praise Sleeping Dogs. It happens to be dirt cheap right now so I'm going to purchase it. Not sure when I'll have the time to actually play it though.

I see it has the typical shitload of DLC. Do you know if any of it is worthwhile?

I haven't tried any of the DLC, no. I seem to recall someone talking positively about some of the DLC story content - but I can't be certain.

I've been playing a whole heck of GTA5, and I'm about 30% into it, acording to the completion meter. I've been taking my time, exploring, doing side-stuff, and only after that doing main missions. And it's a blast. It's amazing how much they managed to squeeze in. I love the random events that they took from Red Dead Redemption.

And Trevor is definitely the highlight character. He's one twisted sick bastard. But funny as hell. Amazing how much there is to do in this game. And I still need to get a hold of the economy. Because buying some of the businesses is really expensive, and I don't feel like playing the stock-market.

My favorite moment so far:
When the story turns to Trevor having sex with Johnny's sister(from the Lost biker gang), and he hears about Michael's jewels robbery, and finds out he might be alive. He goes ape-shit, and does a violent take-over of the whole drug-business in Blaine county.

Most freaky moment so far:
Taking a wayward traveler to the Altruists Club, playing as Trevor (they're cannibals right?). Sick stuff. And I heard it gets weirder later on

But I've been having a blast. The only issue I have is with the targeting. I can't seem to nail it down. I refuse to play with auto-targeting or even assisted targeting, so I have stick behind cover all the time, to try and line-up my shots. Otherwise I'm awful at targeting, and usually get killed in a matter of moments. That's why I'm also waiting for it on PC. I'll probably get it for PC for the better controls and better graphics. Also, GTA Online will be tons better on PC.

Anyone else enjoying it?

I never succeed enter in any GTA, and never tried the 4 so even less the 5. So… :)

Anyway I read a small article on GT5 vs Watch_Dogs. Ok it's dumb to compare a released game to non released game. But it was just about the visible differences not about the quality.

On paper Watch_Dogs win hands over for me, morale choices, attempt to build gray situations and choices, focus on hacking and sneaking, merging of stealth and shoot. Only the morale approach changes all for me, even if not well done at least it won't be an embarrassment like in GTA. But from the video gameplay I saw, it's even more appealing than what was the DXHR video gameplay released before the game release.

The only high doubt was the feeling that I'll never been able to play because of too complex controls. Moreover I had a high doubt on the problem of finding stuff and how it could be well managed.

All of that to say that's the feeling I have with GTA is a sort of no morale thing that I can't bear for a game of this genre, I could be wrong because I never played any much.

EDIT: The video I was mentioning: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRAzrwRZ-T4

EDIT2: That's why AAA game can't be replaced by indie games, make you dream, at least until release. :)

I liked the Zodiac Tournament DLC. Nightmare in North Point was ok, the Year of the Snake was shit. Rest of the stuff is just clothes. Wheels of Fury was a car dlc with a quest pretty enjoyable though.

DXHR video gameplay
DXHR vid gameplay to me - plain sucked.
But then I bought the game and couldn't believe it's the same game. How was it possible they make so much better looks in that short time?

And then, cretin me, got back to vid just to check, and then I noticed the big letters that the vid was made on a console.

Means, I'm not watching GTA vids.

Back
Top Bottom