Homeworld 1+2 HD Announced

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
It seems the Homeworld franchise is being rebooted by remastering the first two. I have very little faith with Gearbox lately so this may be a good idea or bad one.
PAX Australia also featured an announcement from Gearbox of their initial plans for theHomeworld IP they recently picked up from bankrupt THQ, as they will be releasing HD remakes of the first two games in the sci-fi RTS series along with a re-release of the unaltered original games. According to IGN no pricing details or release dates accompanied the announcement, as current word is that a "small team" is working on these projects.
Thanks go to Bluenews for the story.;)

This is a series I missed so it's good to know I will have the option to check it out in the future. I heard it was epic. Hopefully it goes no drm and lands at GOG.

Sounds good. :)

I never bought (well, much later I did, as a used game) HWII because of it being announced to be much more faster.

I loved the tranquility of space during the gathering of resources - I didn't want an fast-paced war game.

I loved the tranquility of space during the gathering of resources - I didn't want an fast-paced war game.
With tranquil music! That series ranks high on my best music in a game list.

If all they do is improve the art it will be great but if they are redoing everything time for disappointment.

With tranquil music! That series ranks high on my best music in a game list.

Yes. Besides, I can really recommend the album "The Ladder" by Yes !
It contains the title song - but is imho their best album within the recent (10+) years !

Back
Top Bottom