About GamersGate localization and missing strings

player1

Watchdog
Question to those that play around with resource files (like Wesp5):

In GamersGate version of the game, some minor strings have number like "141141" instead of translated text. Is this because translation is completely missing or because some strings are misaligned (don't point to proper place).

If it is the other thing, could it be fixed?

Yes, I know that Wesp5 translation is superior (or just much more polished ;)), so why bother with fixing GamerGate translation. But still, if it's just some sort of the bug, instead actual missing strings, I would nice to have proper fix.

EDIT:
At first glance, it seems that in Wesp5 translation, those lines that are missing in GG version are also missing there too, but there is no number shown. Easily checked with guy in the shop at slots, at starting village, or with beer description (in GG version there is number, in Wesp5, there is nothing).

EDIT2:
Heck, they are missing even in Russian resource file (I took it from one of the Russian patches). So it seems there are more like unused strings, then missing.

Last edited:
Heck, they are missing even in Russian resource file (I took it from one of the Russian patches). So it seems there are more like unused strings, then missing.

Exactly. They are empty in the Russian version and contain just their string number in
the English version. Probably for easier cross referencing if they are used later...

Back
Top Bottom