Need to get some money, quick

kearneybobs

Watcher
Been playing this for a good while now and am finding it hard to get some money, wespeciallt with the factions that I'm sidingin with. Bandits and Mafia hate me and am tending to side with the rebels while keeping the government happy too.
Need some money to get my island build as well as getting some guy to do some translation for me. Gotta pay them 10,000 each, and I'm sitting on only 6,000 pesos. I honrestly thinking about paying off the factions and starting to work woth the mafia to earn some money.

What's the best way to earn a buck around here?

Honestly, you can make good money working for the Mafia. Specifically, Don Guillermo. You might want to consider investing in that payoff so you can get back to neutral with the Mafia.

Personally, I worked for the Mafia and Government. The Bandits & Guerrillas hated me! :)

And then suddenly, after a moment of emotional turmoil, I realised that the post I have just read was posted in the Xenus 2 subforum rather than in Politics & Religion.

And then suddenly, after a moment of emotional turmoil, I realised that the post I have just read was posted in the Xenus 2 subforum rather than in Politics & Religion.

One of the wonders that is Xenus 2.

Honestly, you can make good money working for the Mafia. Specifically, Don Guillermo. You might want to consider investing in that payoff so you can get back to neutral with the Mafia.

Personally, I worked for the Mafia and Government. The Bandits & Guerrillas hated me! :)

I'm at the mission where I need to get the 5/6 statues from each on the factions. Was good with the Gov and the Guerillas. But i didnt have enough money to pay the Gov fella even after I did the mission to destroy the guerilla defenses on three islands. He dropped his asking price of 10,000 to 8,500. So I shot him in the face and ran out of the base with the statue in my pocket taking a few shots on the way, but it seems to have been worth it. Might start to play it like this from now on.
I still need money to do up my island though.

Currently, the Gov and Guerillas like me at about 50 each. The bandits hate me (-100) and the Mafia are about -50. Think I might just take the bribe hit and make some money with the Mafia. Although, my next job with the guerillas is to kill Don Guillermo. What to do. Dont want to really ruin my relationship with the guerillas, but I might have to.

LOL. Did you actually type a reply to it before realizing. I imagine it might have seemed oddly out-of-place.

I actually read the title and the second paragraph first. In a brief moment I was like wut? Scanning it through quickly a few times while thoughts flashed by on how to write a witty reply I even thought for a second or two that it was some weird spam. Then I realized where it was posted and read the first paragraph in detail.

I'm at the mission where I need to get the 5/6 statues from each on the factions. Was good with the Gov and the Guerillas. But i didnt have enough money to pay the Gov fella even after I did the mission to destroy the guerilla defenses on three islands. He dropped his asking price of 10,000 to 8,500. So I shot him in the face and ran out of the base with the statue in my pocket taking a few shots on the way, but it seems to have been worth it. Might start to play it like this from now on.

Well ... I have a shameful confession to make. I did the same thing! LOL!!!! With the exception of the Indian Chief and the Collector, I took the other statues by force. In the cases of the Mafia and the Government (who I was allied with) I took out as few people as possible to take the idols and then ran out of the area as fast as I could. This ensured that I only took a minor faction hit.

I had done plenty of side missions by this time and was ready to get on with the main plot. I found the repeated use of "money goals" as gates to main plot elements an artificial and cheap way to extend the game time without providing meaningful content. True there were plenty of side quests, but how optional were they, really? If you really wanted to have the money to get through main quests without violent short-cuts, you'd have to complete the majority of them. Why not cut a few of them and spend the time adding a few more interesting missions to the main plot?

Despite all this --- really fun game. Loved the freedom, the vehicles (except for the Sea-Plane), the exploring, etc. Just seems that a few aspects were kind of rushed out the door and unfinished.

Yeah, I always crashed that plane. What was up with it?

There is no rudder, causing the only way to turn the plane is by turning it on it's side and then pressing the climb button. Real planes dont work like that. Really hard to get used to, but I got used to it in the end. The most annoying thing about the planes is the fact that you are always getting missiles shot at you.

Main Topic of this thread.
I am having my chuckles when seeing this cry for quick money again and again but the more from the latest YouTube clips, rushing thru the game on berserk mode, killing all and everything for fast having the statues ahead of playing it.

Well, everyone's own choice but taking your time, exploring the map which does reveal a lot more and also doing the side-quests on one island prior going to the next one.

Anyway, who needs a quick buck goes there:
<removed link to gamecopyworld> Bit of a dodgy site for cracks, where folks could pick up malware.

This consists the early stage of the game, an AK47 with unlimited bullets till it breaks but the more a vast sum of funds you wont be able to spend in the whole story.
It worked with V1.01 but not with my genuine Steam nor Gamersgate V1.0

Below see the swag after diving around a few islands in different depths, no one can claim that there is no money in this archipelago.

Attachments

• Xenus 2021-05-19 17-59-07-68.jpg
    Xenus 2021-05-19 17-59-07-68.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 38
Last edited by a moderator:
<removed link to gamecopyworld> Bit of a dodgy site for cracks, where folks could pick up malware.

Good point, sorry for the inconvenience when being inspired and seeing many links of torrents in here where folks can pick similar malicious stuff...anyway- this related game save was safe to use else I would not have copied the link to here.

Another money making hint can be found in the steam community of White Gold, =multiplying items by dropping when having opened a trunk, well- who does like it to spoil the game-play by cheating for just having a quick buck.

Back
Top Bottom