Flickering Screen Fix, for ATI cards

player1

Watchdog
From Deep Shadow forums:
player1 said:
I just made prostprocess fix that is compatible with White Gold.

The one from Precursors isn't great since parameters differ between games, so some postprocessing effects get lost.

But, thanks to badmofo, original hdr.txt from postprocess folder can be unpacked from the grp archives, and if modified in similar way as original postprocess fix + sq_paradox fix for flashlight, you'll get this:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/0mf2ea

Feel free to test it. I haven't played White Gold much, but at first glance it works just like similar fix for Precursors.

P.S.
For curious: It has same line commented out as sq_paradox's flashlight fix, plus !!!Exposure line modified in same way as original fix for Precursors ("copy 0").

EDIT:
Added file as attachment in this forum (now in zip).

Attachments

• postprocess_x2.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
more on the subject:
I've added original unmodified hrd.txt for Xenus 2 in attachment, for those that like experimenting, but don't want to bother with grp unpacker, just to get this file.

It doesn't include fixes for ATI flickering, or any other stuff.

P.S.
One thing I realized when playing around with these postprocessing files is that first 4 entries are input values (if there are less then 4, some will be "none"), the next one is the output value, after which follows effect that is used and it's parameters. Most of the time, these are temporary values which are passed from one line to next line.

Attachments

• original_x2_HDR.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 37
This works great however the games user interface still flickers.

I'm in posession of a ATI5850 and after installing the fix and disabling crossfire the screen still flickers. What can i do to fix this. I've extracted the fix in the main game folder.

Back
Top Bottom