Don Guillermo doesn't give quests anymore

player1

Watchdog
I think I stumbled on bug.
After doing quest to wipe out guerrilla base on starting island with chopper, after returning to Don and attempting to talk, quest ends, but there is no dialog, and it's not possible to talk with Don anymore

Am I stuck?

Another thing.... when I got this quest he asked me to get to Sebastian first, for him to give me the boat (to get chopper), but Sebastian insisted to find him some idol (which I already gave him), so i never got the key for the boat. But that part of the quest started progressing normally, when I stole any of the boats in Don's harbor.

^I get similar behavior here, if I fist get that idol for Sebastian second time. What is different is that in that case Sebastian behaves as Don. No dialog options, no key given, but points me to the boat I can't use.

Last edited:
After doing quest to wipe out guerrilla base on starting island with chopper, after returning to Don and attempting to talk, quest ends, but there is no dialog, and it's not possible to talk with Don anymore.

That is a bug that I already fixed in the upcoming WG patch that should be released at the end of the week :)!

I get similar behavior here, if I fist get that idol for Sebastian second time. What is different is that in that case Sebastian behaves as Don. No dialog options, no key given, but points me to the boat I can't use.

Hm, I'll have to look into that one and see if I can fix it. But if I understand correctly this isn't breaking any other quest, just forcing you to use another boat, right?

Can you please give me current working version, just so can I continue this quest line? Send me PM link, if needed. :)

P.S.
As for other thing, yes I don't think it breaks anything (exempt if Sebastian is supposed to have any other quests, after idol mission). But it took me a while to realize that taking any other boat will flag 2nd stage of quest done (1st stage is talking to Sebastian, which is flagged soon after I hit talk with him).

Can you please give me current working version, just so can I continue this quest line? Send me PM link, if needed. :)

I'll PM you the link...

As for other thing, yes I don't think it breaks anything (exempt if Sebastian is supposed to have any other quests, after idol mission).

I think I found this bug too and fixed it. Please report if both fixes work!

I tried new resource file, and neither problem is solved. :(

P.S.
I sent you PM with my saves.

Something is really messed up here (playing still with GG version, since previous files didn't worked).

When i did one of the missions for collecting artifacts, in which I needed to destroy some AA posts, for government, I got again part of the mission for Don to get into the chopper (to destroy guerrilla base on first island). The same mission, which after I completed it, prevented Don from giving me any further missions.

Something is really messed up here (playing still with GG version, since previous files didn't worked).

I think I fixed both the Don bug and the Sebastian bug, at least with the saved games you provided, but I didn't announce this here because I intend to release the updated 1.3 patch this week.

That's good to know. At least I'm doing some other quests stuff until it gets fixed.

P.S.
But I'm really stuck with too little money. With my early spending on fully upgraded m4a1 and sniper, and then Don quests getting cut out, I was forced to spend 10.000 to advance in main quest. And after that, I needed 8000 more, to advance main quest again to buy some island, and then 10000 for the house (not needed, but it sounded as good idea at the time). Then, another 10000 to collector to advance main quest again, and now, when one guy (military) asks for 7000 to give one artifact piece, I have neither money, nor side quests opportunities to earn it. I guess I'll try to get other pieces first, and hopefully earn some loot…

Last edited:
Then, another 10000 to collector to advance main quest again, and now, when one guy (military) asks for 7000 to give one artifact piece, I have neither money, nor side quests opportunities to earn it.

Just steal it from him ;)!

I was being nice to Military guys. Plus, stealing would mean actually killing him.

P.S.
Anyway, in the meantime I got the money while getting more pieces. I only hope that mafia guy that has another one, doesn't ask a lot too. :D

Back
Top Bottom