Risen 2 - New Screens

A bit too colourful for my tastes

I'm 100% sure the gamma is really off in those screens, it's too dark and too saturated, detail is crap because of it. This happens when you save a screenshot and forget to deselect the .icc profile in photoshop, for example. Looks exactly like that.. As a newbie i did that all the time and couldnt figure out why my screenshots looked like crap compared to in-game.

"solved" i guess but still illogical...ah well i spell stuff out anyhow as i bloody hate the anagram culture with a passion. maybe if i texted i'd be more loveydovey with it, but i like words. many may find my sentence structure, grammar, spelling and whathaveyou atrocious but at least i value the importance of words

What I like most is the new models for armor/clothing, always hated the bulky stuff in the gothics/risen with the oversized shoulder pieces.

Hmmmit doesn't even look close to Skyrim..and tehyw ill be out about the same time. Yeah, that will go well.

Because Visuals are the only important aspect of rpg game, right?

To me atleast, it's a bonus. None of gothic games nor risen had superb visuals, and were probably best rpg games to me, apart from bg2.

Skyrim sure has awesome visuals, but so did Oblivion and i didn't like that game, it simply felt boring to me.

I just wonder why what is with gamers these days....i hear complaints that even Crysis 2 looks like crap....seriously wtf....

Because Visuals are the only important aspect of rpg game, right?

To me atleast, it's a bonus. None of gothic games nor risen had superb visuals, and were probably best rpg games to me, apart from bg2.

Skyrim sure has awesome visuals, but so did Oblivion and i didn't like that game, it simply felt boring to me.

I just wonder why what is with gamers these days….i hear complaints that even Crysis 2 looks like crap….seriously wtf….

I have to agree Crysis 2 had good graphics its that some random gamer found the original used high-res textures and the second was toned down more. Then came the uproar of how it was dumbed down for consoles. But it doesn't matter it was still an enjoyable game. Graphics do make good games but it doesn't define them.

Last edited:
But it's a big step from saying "it looks like visually C2 didn't progress so much" and saying "man c2 looks like crap"....it just looks to me like people are expecting groundbreaking visuals with every single game out there, and if it's just as good as crysis 2, it's already a crap....just don't get it. I still like to play g1 nowdays and i still am not bothered with visuals so much that i would call it crap...but crysis 2? Risen 2?

I agree, i'm not impressed at all.. The gamma is totally off in those screens though, which doesnt help the graphics.

I've lately been playing Gothic3 with maximum details (a lot of .ini changes), it looks a bit better than Risen imo, the level of detail in the environments is just insane, like hundreds of different texture variations of grasses etc.. Never seen that before in any game. I can totally understand why the rest of the game isnt that polished, must've taken them ages placing all that stuff.

I played Gothic 3 enhanced edition with ini changes and it did not look nearly as good as those Risen screens. Those Risen 2 pics remind me of W2 right away, perhaps its a European thing. Either way I think they look very good.

From a technical point of view, it actually looks like it's behind the original Risen. However, the artistic style is more interesting, and they still have plenty of time to polish. Also, I suspect the graphics settings are mediocre (at best) in those screenshots.

I think it looks great, and I think the screenshots look a lot like the "concept art" stuff they showed us a few months back.

In fact, I have a hard time telling the difference.

Maybe it's about expectations? PB is a middle-market developer - and they don't have the resources available to compete head-on with Beth/Bio in terms of production values.

With that in mind, I think the game looks VERY impressive.

Back
Top Bottom