BioWare - Mass Effect Sequel in Development

aries100

SasqWatch
What I want to see in it? Well, lots of action pumped shooting, little choice that matters, a completely generic deus ex machina ending and of course some unrelated multiplayer features.

Its not like they listen anyways, so lets simply tailor our expactations and requests towards their goals.

What I want to see in it? Well, lots of action pumped shooting, little choice that matters, a completely generic deus ex machina ending and of course some unrelated multiplayer features.

Its not like they listen anyways, so lets simply tailor our expactations and requests towards their goals.

Don't forget "RPG elements" which are pretty much just adding mods to your gun, and customizable facial hair.

I have a sinking feeling that they are going to do some shooter-based prequel like the Rachni Wars or First Contact War… Now, that was great history and helped flesh out the ME universe, but I really have no interest in going backwards. For whatever reason media producers are obsessed with prequels right now, though I have yet to hear any consumer tell me they have more than a passing interest in them. It's filler, and it's lazy.

That said, the fact that they're asking us to keep our save games suggests at least some real-time content. (Ooo! Prequel flashbacks!)

In addition, I'm also tired of the whole Cerberus schtick. I don't want to play Assassin's Effect. As someone mentioned, it would be far too much like Deus Ex or Alpha Protocol. Been there, done that.

I don't care what they put in it; I'm not likely to play it. The thematic choices they made with regard to the ME3 ending left such a bad taste in my mouth I have no desire to return to the ME universe.

They killed it. Let it rot.

WTF is up with asking people what they'd like to see? They are going to make the game into whatever their marketing department tells them will sell the most copies.

I don't care what they put in it; I'm not likely to play it. The thematic choices they made with regard to the ME3 ending left such a bad taste in my mouth I have no desire to return to the ME universe.

They killed it. Let it rot.

Yep. I didn't even buy ME3, and I only got halfway through ME2. Gameplay was crap, and while they did a good job with the storytelling aspects (as they always do) that's just not enough to make an RPG. Especially when the Bioware formula stipulates dialog trees and cutscenes are the only allowable methods for story presentation. The Bioware devs claim to be old hands with RPGs, but for me and the people I played with, Storytelling was not the point. Adventuring was the point. Storytelling was just one of many subordinate components of an adventure. They lost sight of that somewhere along the line.

I agree about prequels. But its less likely in this case, at least if you consider the "keep your save-game" thing. Of course the flashback part might explain that... but a sequel is the easier explanation.

WTF is up with asking people what they'd like to see? They are going to make the game into whatever their marketing department tells them will sell the most copies.

It give the impression that they care, you know.

Yep. I didn't even buy ME3, and I only got halfway through ME2. Gameplay was crap, and while they did a good job with the storytelling aspects (as they always do) that's just not enough to make an RPG. Especially when the Bioware formula stipulates dialog trees and cutscenes are the only allowable methods for story presentation. The Bioware devs claim to be old hands with RPGs, but for me and the people I played with, Storytelling was not the point. Adventuring was the point. Storytelling was just one of many subordinate components of an adventure. They lost sight of that somewhere along the line.

I agree with this. Mass Effect, to me, was more like an interactive movie rather than an RPG. That seems to be the trend right now; interactive movie games.

How about a sci-fi game that isn't about saving the galaxy, and/or human civilization, from complete and utter destruction? Something significant, but less impacting.

How about a sci-fi game that isn't about saving the galaxy, and/or human civilization, from complete and utter destruction? Something significant, but less impacting.

How about a game set in an early-stage colony on a newly-settled world? It could provide a nice mixture of high-tech and low-tech -- the limited supply of high tech you brought with you, and the more plentiful supply of low-tech stuff you can make locally. Strange creatures you don't know much about, lots of room for exploration, economic subsystems centered around settlement-building... seems like you could do a lot of interesting stuff with that.

After what they did wtih ME 3, I'm very skeptical of anymore in that 'verse being worth playing. Heck, just seeing Bioware slap "multiplayer" on any future products will only cause me to avoid it even quicker than usual. I remember when Bioware actually seemed to understand what makes a decent crpg, and that Bioware no longer exists.

-Carn

I was going to write a lengthy reply but then decided what the hell I wont. It will be the same typical Bioware game and that says it all.

I fore one think ME3 was a great game (whit a bad ending), but the ending was way better that Divinity 2 or the stupid Fall Out 3 ending?

So that they can implement further hollywoodification, killstreaks, and dumbing down while hiding behind "well, it was what the fans asked for in their feedback!".

Look at the feedback they asked for Dragon Age 3. "What color box do you want?" "What pre-order bonus do you want". Also, try giving them feedback involving anything other than "wow you guys are awesome" on their facebook page. It'll be ding dong bannu for you.

I for one hope Mass Effect 4 will innovate and take RPGs to the next level by having customizable breast size options on both male and female protagonists.

I'm very sure I'd buy the sequel, if I can play a Krogan Stripper who hunts the doc who messed up her breast job...

I wouldn't blame Bioware for making the next ME game a straight-up 3rd person bro-op shooter with adversarial multiplayer. The RPG fans are never going to be happy with them again - as we are reminded in the comments to every Bioware related news post - so maybe Bio will give up on us sperglords entirely and move on to greener pastures (greener as in dollar$).

Hell I'll still play it. Just include a heavily-customizable Turian skin, k Bio? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom