Released kickstarter games

I feel sad for the world. While great potential games don't reach their $50k budget in kickstarter, some dude made a kickstarter to make a potato salad, I think his budget was $10 or something, he's received like $60K so far as it made the news.

Quest for infamy has been released.It's adventure/RPG hybrid inspired by Quest for glory series.Game raised $63k on kickstarter.No reviews yet.

I might try it but not before I finish D:OS.

Unrest was released today, both in Steam and GOG. Is a RPG set in ancient India

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pyrodactyl/unrest-an-unconventional-rpg-set-in-ancient-india

I added it to the list.

Scores so far are 6 and 7.I think that conclusion from paste magazine summarizes general opinion.

Unrest gets many essential elements right. It builds a unique world based on elements of ancient India, portraying a single conflict from different perspectives and putting players in shoes of the socially underprivileged. That makes the game’s failure to complement these successful features with effective role-playing systems come across as particularly disappointing. For a game that sets out with intent to include elements rarely embraced in games, Unrest comes across as an underwhelming mixture of a smartly constructed core without any layers to complement it.

Planetary annihilation has been released 5 days ago.It's unofficial sequel to Total annihilation and Supreme commander.I am honestly surprised how little attention it got considering it raised $2.2m on kickstarter and it's done by industry veterans.No reviews yet and most mainstream sites didn't even post that it's been released.

As for me I am backer but I didn't have time to play yet, I will most likely dive into it this weekend.

Edit: I read some comments and impressions and looks like game is still "raw" so I will wait for few patches.

Defense Grid 2 has just been released to backers via Steam.

Originally just a pledge/campaign for an expansion to Defense Grid, not only did the developers give us the promised expansion within a year's time, but they followed through with their desires to make a full-fledged sequel (despite tumultuous funding) and the promise to give it free to backers if/when that happens.

And that day is today :)

Probably my best Kickstarter experience so far.

Added Wasteland 2 to list.

I didn't add Defense grid 2 because I already added expansion back wehn it was released.Also only expansion was funded through KS, DG 2 was funded by investor(Steven Dengler again that guy is awesome).

And out of all game that just came out I been playing DG 2 most, still hellishly addictive.

Wasteland 2 is slight disappointment, while it is good I expected more.I guess I expected game of D:OS quality but that didn't happen.

Qora, game formerly known as Spirit has been released.It's interactive pixel art adventure focused on story.It raised $10k on kickstarter, no reviews yet but user impressions are positive.

Added Pier solar HD to the list.It's hd version of 16 bit inspired jRPG that originally came out in 2010.Reviews of both this version and original are positive.

Back
Top Bottom