Darkfall Online RULES

Uhhh yeah, I get discouraged sometimes and quit for a few days. Time before last time I quit was for a week, but this most previous time it was about 2-3 days... :-/

Im back playin WoW right now :D

New dev studio visit by some guy named Asp:

http://www.lordsofdeath.com/www/

Basically my faith in Darkfall is still strong as ever and that article reinforces my belief that Darkfall is gonna be a great game when it comes out.

And sounds like Darkfall comes out in 2008. :/

So gawdamned tired of waiting. ARGH!

GIVE ME BETA OR GIVE ME DEATH !!!

What?!? That was last week...

This last Friday (yesterday) they released a Warcry update saying within a couple months Aventurine (developers of Darkfall) will probably decide either 1) to self-publish, or 2) to settle with a final publisher. They also said, "Darkfall will release within this year (2008)" so things are lookin good. They also said that they will announce a beta date as soon as they decide on the publishing front. Woohoo!

So 2008 is the year of Darkfall.

Another update today:

-- says that they are self-publishing in one territory at least (a territory is probably Europe or United States, a large major area).
-- previously they have said that as soon as a final publisher decision is made, they will announce public beta and it will begin in earnest... the self-publish in a territory marks a defining step towards beta
-- for approx 5 years they have used the words "beta is soon" but now the words are "beta is ASAP" which means beta is indeed imminent
-- devs have also said they will release within this year 2008
-- all this means that beta should be either sometime this summer or in the fall 2008

If beta is delayed into 2009, I wont pack up my bags, because there is no where else to go. I havent waited 7 years to give up the ghost just yet.

http://www.warcry.com/articles/view...ournal-24-Full-Freedom-Gameplay-and-Substance

Most Recent Update:

It is "official" (for the first time) that Darkfall will release in 2008. I am hoping October.

Since October is my favorite month evarrrrrrrr!

Source? What do you mean with "official"?
With Darkfall, they havent announced any official date at all, ever. This is the first time that they have said they are releasing within any time-frame as an official timeframe. I believe what these developers say because they have always been honest. So that adds a lot of extra weight, for me.

Here is the quote:

"In this week's update, we answer questions from the community. There are several we haven't answered on purpose, hoping to be able to demonstrate instead. Many of you are asking for a video. We hear you, and we're on it as soon as we can. There were also many questions on the public beta and release dates. To this I can say now, that during a planning meeting we determined that our launch date will be inside 2008, with the public beta preceding it by a few weeks. This is official and internally we're a lot more specific, but pending an announcement, we cannot say more at this time."

Here is the source:

http://www.warcry.com/articles/view...83-Darkfall-Dev-Journal-26-Questions-Answered

With Darkfall, they havent announced any official date at all, ever. This is the first time that they have said they are releasing within any time-frame as an official timeframe. I believe what these developers say because they have always been honest. So that adds a lot of extra weight, for me.

Honest? After their "beta declarements" years ago they dont sound like honest folk to me.

How are you doing ammon btw? Still playing wow? I tried it few weeks but couldnt stand more. Im playing guild wars now with all expansions. Its "ok" as a singleplayer game. The story exists unlike in wow. The best campaign has missions that equal singleplayer games or so Ive heard (havent gone that far). And you have intelligent npcs/heros to accompany you that you can equip etc.

Thats a common misconception. Yes, I know they are honest. Why would I defend them if they were not? In 2005, they did say they had an internal milestone of a clan beta of summer 2005. They did not meet that milestone, obviously, because they decided to add more things into the game instead of releasing. That wasnt an "announcement," it was an "internal milestone." That is a very common misconception that has been exploded out of proportion by negative people for 2 years now. If people knew anything about software development, they would know that a milestone is not a beta announcement. That is why this new official announcement is so reassuring. Yes, of course, I am a fanboy, but I am not a retarded one.

I am doing well, how are you? It seems to me that people on this website forums are pissed off at me because I didnt go through with the news editor job, but I am schizophrenic very unstable and the doctors keep switching my medications, which affects absolutely everything in my life. :-/

I am still playing WoW, however I am leaving WoW in about 4 days when I get Age of Conan in the mail. :D I am semi-excited about Conan -- not as much as I will be when Darkfall comes around, though. But Conan will be my game until Darkfall.

I have played Guild Wars. Its decent, but I didnt like their items system. I decided two years ago to play WoW instead of Guild Wars for various reasons. Guild Wars doesnt seem to be an MMO, really.

It seems to me that people on this website forums are pissed off at me because I didnt go through with the news editor job

What gives you that impression Ammon? I don't think anybody is.

Not pissed at you, but unfortunately the up/down nature of your love/hate with some many things constantly strains your credulity. See 'the boy who cried wolf' for reference ;)

Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum.

I've been following Darkfall Online for just a few years back in 2004 or so, and as an avid MMO fan I've come to expect more from this genre than what is currently the most popular, like WoW for example.

Apparently the latest news from various sites is that Darkfall closed beta will end sometime next week, after which the game should be released shortly pending market considerations. I for one am also looking forward to playing Darkfall when it does finally come out. It has a number of core features that appealed to me, like full corpse looting, true stealth, realistic combat system, collision detection between players and sophisticated monster AI.

Not sure why this thread kind of died down... the last reply here was in last May. The game looks to be released soon so I'm excited about it.

Anybody out there still visiting this forum??

- Ravenous

So now that this game is out, where is
ammon777's review???!!?

Back
Top Bottom