UN approves Palestinean membership bid!

Andhaira

Sentinel
http://edition.cnn.com/2011/10/31/world/meast/unesco-palestinian-membership/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

At last, some good news! :) UNESCO is taking a huge risk by doing this, for not only did Israel and the US vote no and raise a ruckus, the US has also said they will cut off all funding to UNESCO if Palestine is granted membership. The amount is $80 million/year, which amounts to around 1/5th of UNESCO funding.

This deficit could easily be met if Arabia decided to take up the slack, but ofcourse the House of Saud cares little for Palestineans, busy as they are enjoying their alcohol parties, prostitutes, and exclusive oil contracts with America.

You know, I don't know how Obama can say with a straight face that he seeks a renewed friendship with Muslims when he votes no on this cruical issue. I mean, he is trying to deprive Palestine of a basic right, just so they will not be able to stand equal with Israel in an international forum. I guess it's not really his fault though (I really want to like Obama). The Israeli lobby has America by the balls. They fund elections, use blackmail, and have enormous sway with religious evangelist, pro zionist fanatics in the US government who are convinced that Israel must thrive if their precious 'Rapture' is to come about.

What can one man, Obama, do against such overwhelming fantacism? And with elections so close too. Not to mention that they would probably assassinate him if he went against their wishes.

50269_37980661602_6783622_n.jpg

As much as I am no fan of Israel's policies, and I think this is the right move, the issue is far more complex that just 'why can't the Palestinians have their own state?'

I'm no Obama fan, nor a fan of the Israeli lobby, but if the US just blanket endorsed this, it would be a dangerous and wrong move.

Are you talking about the same Obama who gave the Palestinians 400 million last year? The same United States whose secretary of State pledged 900 million to help the same Palestinians? Working on short -term memory are we? At this point, I think people should try to avoid using the word "fanatic" as well.

I read your article and seems the sticking point is that they are trying to "short-cut the process" for the Palestinians who are not yet a member state.

Are you talking about the same Obama who gave the Palestinians 400 million last year? The same United States whose secretary of State pledged 900 million to help the same Palestinians? Working on short -term memory are we? At this point, I think people should try to avoid using the word "fanatic" as well.

I read your article and seems the sticking point is that they are trying to "short-cut the process" for the Palestinians who are not yet a member state.

You do realize that that amount is but a drop in the puddle compared to the MASSIVE amount of financial aid given to Israel every year? Additionally, Israel gets free hardware, trainings, sattelite data, and has a lifetime guarantee (that's Israel's lifetime, not the lifetime of a human being) of airplane superiority over Arab states?

Oh and if you are European, google the 'Samson Option" to see where exactly Israels 'Temples' (aka nukes) are pointed. (Hint: They are not all pointed towards Arab states.)

If you read the bottom of your article it quotes a Us congresswoman as saying it is in direct opposition to a law that the US has that says it must revoke funding in this case
"Existing U.S. law mandates that we cut off funding to any U.N. body that approves such a request.
They don't have a choice.

Also, she says this:
"Today's reckless action by UNESCO is anti-Israel and anti-peace. It rewards the Palestinian leadership's dangerous scheme to bypass negotiations with Israel and seek recognition of a self-declared 'Palestinian state,' and takes us further from peace in the Middle East."

You do realize that that amount is but a drop in the puddle compared to the MASSIVE amount of financial aid given to Israel every year?
Yes that is correct. They are our ally. i don't really approve of Obama either but seems like he has tried more then previous administrations.
I am American by the way.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom