Don't rush it!

zahratustra

SasqWatch
Nvidia GeForce GTX 880 and GTX 870 Now Expected To Arrive Sometime Between October-December BUT:
"Sweclockers is reporting that Nvidia’s GeForce GTX 880 and GTX 870 are now expected to be with us somewhere around the fourth quarter this year. This places the arrival schedule for the desktop GPUs in the period between October to December. The knowledge comes to the website from partner manufacturers of Nvidia. This upcoming launch of the cards will now mark the starting of the 800 series of desktop GPUs. Of course, the GTX 800 will be based on second generation Maxwell architecture. In addition, the new model series is still to be based on the 28 nm manufacturing technology. This is because even though TSMC has begun volume production on the 20nm node for everyone, the process is facing maturation problems for high performance ASICs like the GM204, but this is expected to start from sometime next year. In addition, it has also been learnt that Nvidia has canceled the production of GM100 chips and is now focusing completely on GM200 instead. These GPUs are still using the 28nm fabrication process. I think we can now safely conclude that 20nm GPUs will come in 2015."

http://wccftech.com/gtx-880-arrive-oct-nov/

That's exactly what I'm doing as well joxer. In fact, I have to thank you for pointing me towards GTX 760 Gainward. With that card, and an exchange of case's stock horizontal fan, my comp turned out to be as quiet as a mouse.
I have posted this as a bit of a warning for those who wanted to buy new Maxwells asap.

Gtx 760 was too expensive(210 euro). Got me a club3d r9 280 for 180 for my new PC, very happy with it

Actually I didn't know phantom cards even exist till Moriendor mentioned he bought one and how good it is. Then I bought phantom 560 just to chect it out, couldn't believe myself how good (and silent!) it was.
A month ago got 760 - again phantom. And again, wouldn't change it for anything. Next card will also be phantom, mark my words! :D

[EDIT]
OMG!
Did my gfx card just die or RPGwatch is turning into facebook?! :pout:

Wtf? O_O

I'm still doing fine with my GTX 280 :) Luckily I don't care about FPS games.

I ment the forum now looks like this on my side, arrrrrrrrrrrgh

25ks8c2.jpg

I know joxer. I have noticed it too and my question was just about that.
So we will be having RPGWatch Idol contests now? Or a mutual adoration society with "you like mine and I will like yours" precept?

Where are the dislike, too long a post, nonsense and 'dislike this person' buttons ? ;)

The likes competition is a bit unfair without dislikes :)

But I'm glad. I'm sure I can get a few likes, but - oh boy - could I ever win the dislike race ;)

Still, it's a bit silly - but I don't really care.

Despite the fact that I don't dislike you, I'd be happy to dislike you publicly.

pibbur who is always eager to please, and thus ready to dislike even himself, if anyone would suggest that.

Despite the fact that I don't dislike you, I'd be happy to dislike you publicly.

pibbur who is always eager to please, and thus ready to dislike even himself, if anyone would suggest that.

You don't actually know if you like or dislike me.

All you have is my internet persona.

I quite like your internet persona, though. But that doesn't mean I'm going to just like everything you say. That would be too easy, wouldn't it ;)

Back
Top Bottom