RPGWatch - GotY 2015 Awards - Most Promising RPG

Are you sure it's the same people saying both those things?

It's more an issue that people have with recent Fallout reducing core trademarks of the series than that of how it's labeled.
Same would be if next MD threw away hacking, diplomacy, alternate environment routes, stealth, etc... and tunneled the player into only shooting his way to complete objectives.
As for being an rpg, I'd say, like the Witcher, it's a good example of a genre hybrid done right.

I didn't vote for Deus Ex but I'm IIRC sure its dialogue system was less streamlined than what Fallout 4 offers.

I didn't vote for Deus Ex but I'm IIRC sure its dialogue system was less streamlined than what Fallout 4 offers.

Not really....there wasn't nearly as much.

If it was only couch, now his padawan Rune is doing same thing.

As far as I know, Couch has only ever had one disciple, and that's me - and I'm a disciple of the news-posting variety.

As far as I know, Couch has only ever had one disciple, and that's me - and I'm a disciple of the news-posting variety.
I am sorry to tell you but he has cheated on you. He kept other hidden padawans and taught them the secrets of forum emo force.

You know, out of the pure idiocy of this forum as a whole, some unexpected savant gems emerge.

"Forum emo force"

"Social justice amazon"

I want to glean these and use them, somehow. :)

Ex. I didn't like the last one that much, felt too close to a Batman or Metal Gear Solid game - which are also good games, no doubt, just not the kind of games I'd put in a list next to Torment, D:OS and Mass Effect, games which are pretty different between themselves too, but in my opinion are all spelled with a capital R in the RPG label they wear.

Bwahaha. Mass Effect 2,3 and probably Andromeda being more Rpg ("with capital R") than DX:HR??

You must have played different gamest than me.

It's still very early alpha at best and there has not been an update since Nov 2015.

What are you talking about? Their last video update is from 16.12. and last news from 2016.

I voted for Mass Effect Andromeda.
+
How anyone has that much confidence in Kingdom Come Deliverance, I have no idea. I was an early backer of the game and I'm not impressed at all with the progression of the game development.

They are progressing and releasing new info pretty regularly. So I wonder how someone can be so nitpicky about them. They basically do game like no other with a lot of depth. They dont do some regular grinder crap or generic sci-fi shooter. Or is it about Mr. Vavra?

I wonder how you are impressed with development and news about ME: Andromeda you voted for. :)

You know, out of the pure idiocy of this forum as a whole, some unexpected savant gems emerge.

"Forum emo force"

"Social justice amazon"

I want to glean these and use them, somehow. :)

shitting on the forum as a whole from the position of staff member, you truly are Couch's disciple. Why are you a news poster again? :lol:

shitting on the forum as a whole from the position of staff member, you truly are Couch's disciple. Why are you a news poster again? :lol:

Because I know that people like you would like it better if I left.

It's why I do what I do.

Aubrielle's sarcasm and sass is a welcome, entertaining presence. Certainly a nice counter-balance to some of the grouchy or otherwise unpleasant residents. Hail the Scarlet Amazon, Gleanor of news!

Aubrielle's sarcasm and sass is a welcome, entertaining presence. Certainly a nice counter-balance to some of the grouchy or otherwise unpleasant residents. Hail the Scarlet Amazon, Gleanor of news!

2hrh8ps.gif

It's interesting that people call fallout 4 not an rpg, but call dues ex one?

They both are shooters and claim to be RPGs but Deus ex is on a sick level of polish and professionalism. Its more or less Linear but hand crafted and of high quality , good story and very cinematic, very proffesionaly done game unlike FO which is an algorithm-generated hack&slash MMO style

What Montreal did with Deus Ex is nothing short of a resurrection. The way they did it, they made a work of art, a breathing, cyberpunk universe you can believe in, but LINEAR gameplay. clearly the principle here was more quality , more story, less quantity

It has far less interactions then fallout. Just an interesting observation.

Interactions is so general , its hard to know what you mean. For sure FO is open-world , this is linear/cinematic like Witcher

But I will take quality + linear, over copy-pasted + open-world any day of the week

"Social justice amazon"

I want to glean these and use them, somehow.

You can use it , I'll alow it

Back
Top Bottom