RPGWatch - GotY 2015 Awards - Most Promising RPG

Isn't the expansion for Baldur's Gate coming out soon? Siege of Dragonspear? It's not a new game as such, but it's supposed to be 25 hours or some such thing, so it could be a good excuse to replay the Baldur's Gate games.

Isn't the expansion for Baldur's Gate coming out soon? Siege of Dragonspear? It's not a new game as such, but it's supposed to be 25 hours or some such thing, so it could be a good excuse to replay the Baldur's Gate games.
It is in final stages now, all content was complete back in December and only QA and bug squashing is left.

It is in final stages now, all content was complete back in December and only QA and bug squashing is left.

Excellent! I'm doing a replay now of Icewind Dale, and I've got Pillars of Eternity (and its new expansion) lined up next. I guess Siege of Dragonspear should be ready by then. And a new class (some Shaman thing?), which is definitely something I need to try out.

Yea Shaman that will be a sorcerer version of Druid but also be able to summon spirits to fight for him/her.

Only Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition is being discounted (50% off) at Lunar Steam Sale. The first one isn't, and we just need it to also play Siege of Dragonspear, since BG I is a requirement.
Damn, I played and finished BG II + ToB expansion, but I never ever started BG I. And now Steam is discounting the 'wrong' BG game. How 'unconvenient' :p

Oh well. Back to cleaning, I guesses

Aaahhh I love Cespenar :) brings back the memory.

I finished replaying BG:EE quite recently but I have no intention of buying BG2:EE. Does SoD require both EEs?

Aaahhh I love Cespenar :) brings back the memory.

I finished replaying BG:EE quite recently but I have no intention of buying BG2:EE. Does SoD require both EEs?

You need BG:EE to use Siege of Dragonspear. You need BG2:EE if you want to import a SoD save (because of new kit, new classes, new spells, etc).

BG2:EE is currently $10 on Steam (it's on sales).

Back
Top Bottom