The Mandate - Post-Funding Update #35

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Update number 35 for The Mandate brings us information about the process of creating the backer accounts at Perihelion's Community site and if you backed this project you need to check if your e-mail is correctly entered in their Backerkit for you to gain access.

Furthermore Art Director Garret discusses style differences between factions and the approach taken towards armor design.

Hi backers, Garret here. The art team has been quite busy lately as we are experimenting with with different visual styles and doing tests to figure out what works and what doesn't. The best place for us to start is by setting up a bad guy vs good guy scenario. So here we've made the clear choice of Pirates vs Mandate simply because of the dichotomy between these two factions: The Mandate is efficient and rigid, where the Pirates are makeshift and animalistic. The way I like to approach visually designing the separate game elements is to put myself in the place of an engineer responsible for creating the ships, weapons and armor for each faction. What’s the psychology of each faction? What are their priorities and philosophies?
More information.

I checked this game five hours ago and there was no update yet. I better make sure my e-mail is correct. Thanks for the heads-up Myrthos.;)

Back
Top Bottom