Disciples 3 - Official Website

magerette

Hedgewitch
Strategy First and Akella have launched an official website for Disciples III:Renaissance, their new game in development and the long-awaited sequel in the fantasy turn-based strategy series:
About Disciples III: Renaissance
Disciples III: Renaissance is the sequel to Disciples II: Dark Prophecy; the award winning fantasy strategy/role playing game. The player takes on the role of a Lord of one of the fantastic races of Nevendaar in their enduring struggle to establish the reign of their respective god over the world....
Advances in game play and the addition of new elements make Disciples III: Renaissance richer and more interesting. The visual design follows the ominous style of the Disciples world, and now all of the game environments and individual units are in stunning real-time 3D.
Being developed by .dat, Disciples III: Renaissance uses .dat's in-house Virtual Dream engine, which supports all modern 3D technologies, and will initially feature 3 playable races: The Empire, The Legions of the Damned, and the Noble Elves, each with unique Unit styles and city representations that will allow city sieges, and end with a battle for the main fortress.
More information.

Ouch on the rec cpu.

Pretty healthy recs for a strategy game-- sounds like they're going the HoMM5 route with the eye candy. I hope "..all of the game environments and individual units are in stunning real-time 3D." doesn't mean they've replaced the turn based combat--from the little I can tell on the forums it looks like it will stay TB.

They've always had great eye-candy but for some reason I just can't get into Disciples the way I could with King's Bounty and the HoMM's.

They've always had great eye-candy but for some reason I just can't get into Disciples the way I could with King's Bounty and the HoMM's.

I played Disciples: Sacred Lands to death, absolutely loved the game. D2 I bought on release and just couldn't get into it, I think it was just too much more of the same, even though it looked better. I went back to it a little while ago, to see if I could get into it, but by now, the limitations of the static positioning of units, were just too tedious to deal with. And the AI cheats like a bugger.

Back
Top Bottom