The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Last edited:
The Gabby Pahinui Hawaiian Band - Volume 1(1975)
Wahini U*i
Mmmm ... traditional :).

Mono & World's End Girlfriend - Palmless Prayer / Mass Murder Refrain (2005)
The kind of a post rock line which is usually incredibly derivative, but this album, being considerably infused with simplified modern classical elements, avoids the trap fairly well.
The last song is a clear highlight:
Trailer 5 - part 1
Trailer 5 - part 2

Having a good time w/ Cure's "faith" right now. Bloodflowers has grown on me a little here and there, but overall still it's my last choice to spin.

Having a good time w/ Cure's "faith" right now. Bloodflowers has grown on me a little here and there, but overall still it's my last choice to spin.

I still think "Wish" was their most focused, most satisfying album.

But I've been listening to "Disintegration" lately which I was never that crazy about and it's growing on me. Could be that I just picked it up last week and the last time I heard it was the year it was released!

Couldn't get into Bloodflowers though :(

Listening to: Strange Days, The Doors.

I recently found out about "A State of Trance", a weekly radio show hosted by Armin van Buuren. Wish I had known about it sooner, lots of good and unknown songs in two-hour mixes. Gotta tune in from now on!

And while I don't dance myself, I find the intro video of A State of Trance 450 extremely exciting.

Haven't really been pulling my weight here recently, but most of the tunes that have been stuck in my head have been stuff I've put up before. Don't want to get too stale...

Here's a "new" tune from a band I posted a long time ago. The cd has been out for years, but this song didn't have a stream before that I could find. Enjoy!

"Science Centre" by Guitaro

... Soundtrack of "How to train your dragon" ... :)

Didnt much care for Coldplay's "Parachutes" cd when I first got it. Listening to it big time now.

It all depends when you encounter music, at what point in time in your life and frame of mind youre in will depend on whether you like it or not. Seems to be that way w/ me anyway

Steely Dan - "Peg" One of my all time favorite songs, and a definite classic when it comes to American Rock/Jazz.

Here's a live version that was recorded in 2003 in Clarkston, MI at a concert venue where I've seen quite a few bands. I've never seen these guys live in person, but I'd like to.

Back
Top Bottom