Wasteland 2 - Director's Cut Release Date: October 13

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Wasteland 2 Director's Cut will be released at October 13th -
Kickstarter Update #67:

Wasteland 2 Director's Cut Release Date!

Hello Exiles,

We have some big news to share with you today, so we'll just cut right to the chase. Wasteland 2 Director's Cut will be releasing digitally on PC on October 13, 2015! Additionally, for Xbox One and PlayStation 4, digital and physical releases will be coming on October 13th in the Americas, and October 16th Worldwide!

As we've said before, anyone who already owns Wasteland 2 on any digital PC retailer will be getting the Director's Cut as a free update on PC. We'll have more information as we get closer to release, but it's our intention to make sure it's as easy a process as possible. Keep your eyes peeled on our Wasteland 2 forums as we'll be putting up FAQs and similar in the coming weeks towards release.

For those of you who are still curious about the Director's Cut contents, features, and changes, or may have missed our discussions on them previously, here are some links that go over some of those new elements in detail.

And those do not even fully cover all the new additions, like new and expanded voice-over for many of the game's key NPCs and companions, as well as our extensive rebalancing of virtually every combat encounter, loot drop, and item you'll find in the game.

We're now in the home stretch of development. Our final tasks in the several weeks before final release include polishing up the game as much as we can, including tweaks, optimizations, fixes and balance adjustments. We hope you will enjoy the changes and updates as much as we enjoyed bringing them to you.
More information.

I'm hoping these enhancements will get me interested again. Looking forward to it!

Hmm, the wording has changed. Only digital owners get free upgrades? Any word on whether those of us with physical copies will also be able to download free upgrades?

Hmm, the wording has changed. Only digital owners get free upgrades? Any word on whether those of us with physical copies will also be able to download free upgrades?

You have a version of the game that needs no Steam or GoG?

I have a physical copy. I'll check the box to see if steam or gog codes are included, but I think I would remember that. In fact I would have already added it to my library if that were the case. It is unopened.

Nevermind. From amazon description for physical copy.

"Wasteland 2 requires internet connection and download from Steam in order to play."

Last edited:
I'm wondering if saves will be updated or if we'll need to start all over. I'm ok with either because I totally intend on playing this version as it should have been from the get go, with da perks!

So cool, as someone who hasn't played either WL 2 or Divinity:OS, but backed both games on kickstarter, I'm excited to play these upgraded versions that are coming for both games.

Nice, looking forward to this. Now inXile need to tell us BT4 backers when we get our copy of W2.

I got half way through this and quit when I heard they were doing this. I don't know if I will start it over again or not. I wasn't really too intrigued with the plot but the combat tweaks sound good.

So cool, as someone who hasn't played either WL 2 or Divinity:OS, but backed both games on kickstarter, I'm excited to play these upgraded versions that are coming for both games.

I'd start with divinity. It is better imo and should also be released in Oct.

Last edited:
I'd prefer to continue the save I have going, but starting over won't stop me from playing with perks. Between this and 'Sin, new games just might have to wait till next year!!!

Back
Top Bottom