Eschalon: Book 1 - Now Available

Just dropped by on my way to bed, but now must stay up to download the demo. :) (not for too long, though--it's dl-ing like crazy)

Downloading now... very hopeful for this one ;)

Sweet!!!

Just died, killed by 3 slimes...

The game is amazing.
Music : Captures the essence of Medievality we look for in these games.
Graphics : Very nice.
Inventory system : Like Dungeon Siege's.
Already wondering what happened to the guy and who did this to us and stuff and stuff...

Killed a few fanged salamanders, moved ne to the village then died hoping to get goodies in a treasure chest guarded by slimes...

Anyway, like Prime Junta said for the Witcher :

"-Yeah baby!!!"

I'll surely buy this game!!!

p.s. : who leaves a treasure chest in the wilds anyways?...
that always irritates me. why not show a sign that something has been buried or somenthing... enough rant.

Looking forward to the rest of the game.

The forest we see in the intro to the game is captivating.
Very good job Basilisk Soft.

Downloaded, Installed, Played. Enjoyed!

Very slick! Much high production values than I was expecting from such a small indie team. Easy to use UI, Intuitive gameplay, nice looking graphics and good audio.

I walked around in the dark a bit, getting thumped by salamanders before I made it to the village with Maddok. Whom I accidently stole from and was thus killed by.

---

Lack of pathfinding threw me off a bit to start with, soon learn to get around the issue and use the step-based movement as it is designed as. It actualy works rather well, and you can hold down a mouse button and slide your character around the map.

The only slight issue I have is the lack of 'fall-away/transparent' walls on the south side of rooms when the character is inside. Love or hate this feature, I've allways found it hard to take notice of anything "hidden" by walls. Missed a chest or two this way on the first run through.

So far I like what I see, and may have to get around to ordering said full game.

Tested out a mage type character and was enjoying the atmosphere created by the music very much. The first dungeon was great, challenging and felt very nostalgic. Found a bug though, i saved my mage character and started a rogue. Upon the first cut scene ending (the scary face, thanks now I have to go to bed) my rogue character was standing in the ocean and couldn't access the beach at all. He started near the two slimes on the northern edge of the coast near the first town (details in case a dev reads this).

Anyway, i get paid tomorrow, considering a purchase and that's from someone who just got blown away by The Witcher, very impressive indie game.

Played for awhile :) great game indeed. I haven't got so much fun for a long time!

Wow even better than i expected ! With this, Witcher, Motb and Depths of peril this year is turning out quite good. Downloading full version now, swift and easy to buy. Great work !

I'm very impressed with the general look and feel of the demo, but unfortunatly as a feminist I just cant support a game that has gender restricting character creation, especially when it's justified with bullshit excuse that makes no sense.

I'm very impressed with the general look and feel of the demo, but unfortunatly as a feminist I just cant support a game that has gender restricting character creation, especially when it's justified with bullshit excuse that makes no sense.

Oh please I'm sure it's not misogyny - your opinion reminds me of what catholics are like with cards.

edit:

Why have I got the feeling I'm going to regret saying that? :)

As a masculinist I'm upset I can't play as a scantly clad girl with unfeasibly large breasts. Perhaps the option will be available in Book II?

I would always prefer the most flexibility possible but I don't see why it has to be a feminism issue. I happily played females in Kult: Heretic Kingdoms, GODS: Lands of Infinity, NOLF, parts of KotOR where I was forced to control another character and many others - should I have been offended by the apparent sexism?

I would have thought including females with big breasts (or demeaning women or stereotyping) would indeed be a feminism issue, where as this is a matter of the game not meeting your personal preferences.

Welcome to the boards, by the way.

"Your download has failed. There were no available download servers."

Sigh.

Even if it is just a personal preference it still has it's roots in my world view, and while Basilisk Games probably wont miss my $37.95 it's still a statement.
I know that there are female gamers who just dont care, but personally I see such restriction as a source great annoyance, and particularly in this case because they are trying to wriggle out of it with "storyline" and "being old school". I dont remember Origin having any problems with allowing female Avatar.

May I suggest that you get Mass Effect instead? Also I would recommend the following avatar for your female Sephard.

Attachments

• MassEffect.png
    MassEffect.png
    35 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
How incredibly sexist of you to refuse to buy a game for no other reason than the gender of the main character.

Anyway, I'm downloading the demo at the moment.

May I suggest that you get Mass Effect instead?

I'm not interesting in owning a console, or a television for that matter.

Also I would reccommend the following avatar for your female Sephard.

Is this a fine example of the next generation graphics that everyone has been talking about for last three years? I think I'll pass.

Back
Top Bottom