NWN 2: Storm of Zehir - Review @ Gamestar.de

hr, hr

I'm in the credits because of Atari, not Obsidian. I never had any contact with an Obsidian Employee, not even Rob McGinnis. Sad but true. :(

At least I was successful in fighting for a correction of the voice over bugs in the european localizations. ;)

So have they done anything with the camera? I like the sound of this expansion and the way it seems to refer back to the IWD model, but I don't know if I can live with the old engine experience--I know ithe camera is adjustable, and there was a set-up that I finally got to work for me in NWN2 OC, but I think part of my frustration with MoTB was going through the same techie learning curve--not sure I can be bothered, since MoTB is still 99% unplayed.

No special adjustment as I understand. They added a so called exploration mode but I can't see the difference to former strategy mode. strategy mode now has no marquee multi select anymore, IIRC. That's now for exploration mode only.

The locations seem fairly concise and that helps with the camera issues.

It's a lot easier going than MotB, it's more classic crpg style so if you hit a town on the map you'll get a choice to visit the Inn or Temple there you don't get a fully blown city.

hr, hr

I'm in the credits because of Atari, not Obsidian. I never had any contact with an Obsidian Employee, not even Rob McGinnis. Sad but true. :(

At least I was successful in fighting for a correction of the voice over bugs in the european localizations. ;)

All you need to do is send me a PM on the Bioware forums or jump into the IRC channel. :)

-Rob

Yes, there is NPC interaction, and even a main story too :p

Back
Top Bottom