What is this game?

D

Deleted User

Hey.

This one has been bothering me for quite some time now. It's a game from my childhood, possibly an NES, SNES or Genesis title.

The game was like a Mega Man / RPG hybrid. There were different levels and it was a 2D side-scroller style. I distinctly remember entering this special level, going a bit to the right and picking up some special gun that I could equip. There was an inventory and RPG elements throughout.

I can't for the life of me figure out what it was called. Any ideas?

Last edited:
I played a lot of NES games back in the day, but I'm struggling to think what this might be. I'm a little confused by you saying it's a 2D side scroller and then saying the perspective is behind the character. Did you mean that it switches back and forth?

Last edited:
Could the second one be 3D World Runner?

Yep! That's it, thank you.

I played a lot of NES games back in the day, but I'm struggling to think what this might be. I'm a little confused by you saying it's a 2D side scroller and then saying the perspective is behind the character. Did you mean that it switches back and forth?

No, I was talking about 2 different games. Sorry for the confusion.

The first game was the 2D side-scrolling Mega Man-style RPG, which I still don't know what game it was. The second game was 3D World Runner.

My bad. Can you remember anything else about the 1st game? Like the setting, type of weapons, etc.?

I'm pretty sure it was somewhat futuristic, like Mega Man. I remember picking up some sort of special photon-style gun in the level I remember, and you could equip it. There were RPG elements in the game, if I recall there were NPCs that you could chat with, possibly an overland map in the style of Super Mario Bros. where you move around from tile to tile and then enter a level. I really don't remember much else from it, except that I loved it and I think it was NES, possibly SNES...

There were RPG elements in the game, if I recall there were NPCs that you could chat with, possibly an overland map in the style of Super Mario Bros. where you move around from tile to tile and then enter a level.

Bionic Commando?

Back
Top Bottom