Whats your favorite mmorpg

lovegw

Traveler
Whats your favorite mmorpg

Just a couple things that has to be taken into account before you answer.

It has to be completely free. GW has a cover price so it doesn't count. It can have payment options for special items and whatnot but the majority of the game can be played for free. Like in Maple story you can buy outfits but its not necessary.

A game that's still updated frequently enough.such as guildwarsize

Runescape doesn't count ^_^

I'm looking for a new mmo right now to play since I kinda quit GW. Three years is a bit much for one game lol.

Are you in the US?

If so, I'd look into D&D Online which should be available for free quite soon.

I always liked it, though it's a bit untraditional and is very "instance-based" in that it's mostly about going through dungeons with friends - or with "hired NPCs".

It's the best I can think of, but I'm not much of a source of information. I suggest you google it and check out their website.

uhm well i am much prefer to play some turn base because it reminds me my final fantasy way in high school... one thing that i know is atlantica online ~

If possible I would definitely hold out for D&D Online ... I definitely intend to head there when it is free ...

hmmm..

hi..

I don't play online games that much..
Gunbound, Luminary OL...are my favorite...

I heard that D&D will go free but most stuff arent accessible if you dont purchase/ mall it.

I heard that D&D will go free but most stuff arent accessible if you dont purchase/ mall it.

Yeah, it is free but not everything is accessible. Anyway it's worth a try and you don't have to pay for locked content because you get favor points for doing quest and then you can use them to unlock content (ie. high level quests, races, classes etc). You can also buy these points or pay monthly fee (it unlocks everything but only for some time), it's your choice.

Yeah, it is free but not everything is accessible. Anyway it's worth a try and you don't have to pay for locked content because you get favor points for doing quest and then you can use them to unlock content (ie. high level quests, races, classes etc). You can also buy these points or pay monthly fee (it unlocks everything but only for some time), it's your choice.

Aw I think they just let you have a feel of the game then make you want to mall the stuffs to access. *sigh

I actually just started DDO a couple days ago. It will hopefully hold me off until a good RPG comes out. I only have like 30-60 minutes to play games though so I either play DDO or MM6 Conspiracy MOd or possibly even enemy territory when I need to shoot someone.

The game has been fun IMHO. The opening island is basicly a tutorial and quests are all available for solo play. The download takes a while, but after that install is fast. Worth looking at if you like dungeon crawls with a main quest and lots of side ones for xp.
You get good armor and weapons right from the start. The need to "purchase" anything has not come up. You will find plenty of money and items ingame to make it fun.

I'm very fickle with my MMO's but I'm quite fond of Luminary - Rise of the Goonzu at the moment. It stands out for me because of its economics-politics centered gameplay. Next to that, probably Atlantica Online and the seemingly outdated Ragnarok Online.

Nah... I cant find any other games that I can stick to..

Last edited:
Well, I definitely wanna try some free MMO's like Ragnarok online, Lineage, DDO when it goes free, I just don't have time for them, too much stuff I have to do atm before I earn more free time, but seriously wanna try those for Free MMOs, and MANY other MMOs, I can't believe I still didn't play NWN, It seems like a freakin' godly game to me.

I'm bored..

still sticking in my game..

Luminary still my favorite^_^

lol.. there's plenty of these spam initiated threads around here, but this is the first one I've seen resurrected by a spammer.

A little slower than usual, but we got it. ;)

Back
Top Bottom