Graywalkers: Purgatory - Questions Wanted

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
You all know the drill by now so let's get started. I have a follow-up interview with Dreamlords Digital about the the second kickstarter for Graywalkers: Purgatory.

As I usually do here is a new thread to submit any questions.:)

The deadline is next week on October 2nd. ;)

How will playable character death be handled? Will there be resurrection / revival? Permadeath?

The KS page says that Graywalkers is planned to be the first in a series. Will the characters in the first game carry over to the 2nd or will the future games likely feature new protagonists?

Six days left, and I know we have a few backers on the site.;)

From the Kickstarter page:
Procedural World – The game will rely on procedural content for the Campaign but most heavily in the Freeform mode of play.

Is the world completely generated (like in Civilization) ? At random or with some set pieces? I want to know more about this…

The very best games with strategic gameplay + tactical combat are JA 2 and the original XCom-games. What features do you want to adopt into your game?

• Will there be non-combat skills? Which one and how are they used?
  • Will there be classic dialogs with recruited NPCs and/or other NPCs? Will the dialogs have an effect on the plot?
  • Will non-combat skills or other character attributes/traits modify dialogs e.g. by adding more options?

To kind of elaborate on Morrandir's dialog question:

There's reportedly over 40 recruitable NPCs. That sounds like quite a few. How well fleshed out can we expect their personalities and backstories to be? Is there any type of friendship / influence system where our dialog choices or other actions determine how much party members like the player character? If so are there any bonuses for getting party members to like you? Any penalties? i.e., will it be possible to piss off NPCs so badly that they will leave or betray you?

To piggyback on what Daveyd said:

Will these extra recruitable NPC's be fleshed out independently (i.e. Suikoden, Chrono Cross) or will they be more anonymous (XCom: Enemy Unknown)?

Thank you for the questions guys I'll send them to the developer this weekend.:thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom