Heroes of Newerth goes F2P

sqdlin

Watcher
http://news.mmosite.com/content/2011-08-01/heroes_of_newerth_switches_to_free_to_play,1.shtml

It seems free-to-play mode is the wave of the future game market as another online game has switched to the popular business mode. S2 Games today announces that Heroes of Newerth, its session-based, multiplayer, action-RPG, is going into free to play. The game mechanics and style of play will remain intact; however, existing player accounts and new accounts will be separated to create a smooth transition as novice players enter the game.

Nice news.

I was so mad when I found out that I had paid for the game just a couple of days before they went free to play.

Here are some questions that I wanted answered, but later were able to find on the site.

Q. I already paid for HoN! Was my money wasted now that it's Free-to-Play?

Not at all! Legacy accounts are now a rarity, part of our old business model you're getting additional new content (outside of any potential pay for content expansions) for free, which is a perk no longer available to new accounts whom have to unlock new content.

Q. Will Free-to-Play mean my games will be ruined by griefers and trolls?

By requiring players to either play a significant number of games or make a purchase before becoming Verified, players will have made an investment into their account. If a person griefs, they will lose this investment. We will be increasing our efforts to stop griefing through our Report a Player system so Verified players can be confident the matches they play will be good ones. Basic accounts will not have access to the Report A Player function.

Oh, my friend, i don't like to pay for games so i always wait for release.
yesterday, i have a great time with Heroes of Newerth.

i bought this game in beta, they destroyed it with the FTP thing.
Number of player didn't grow to much after they went FTP but number of newbies and worse leavers grow exponentially.
ps: i hate leavers more then everything

Yes, such good news! Man, so many good games are going free-to-play! Heroes of Newerth, Fallen Earth, Team Fortress 2, DC Universe Online etc etc The list goes on!

Back
Top Bottom