Fallout 4 - Official Announcement

Not a very impressive trailer, at least not compared to Witcher 3. I mean the trailers and video footage that was put out by CDPR before the game was released. The actual released intro video for the game is one of the lamest things I've ever seen, although the in game graphics and game play are very good.

I guess we can hope that F4 is at least half as good as NV.

I'm sure they'll have 2 years to work on a better trailer and better graphics than what is shown in that trailer, before this is released.

If this means that the next TES is in 2019, then I'm pissed.
Sorry, but the reason you're gettin' next TES in after a decade is poor sales of ESO.
FO4 has nothing to do with it.

Yay! I'm very excited about this. Hopefully, this will be just in time for the release of the Oculus Rift. I wonder how much Rol Perlman asked for; the trailer wouldn't have been the same without his contribution.

I wonder how much Rol Perlman asked for; the trailer wouldn't have been the same without his contribution.

He seems to love the Fallout stuff going by his twitter today.

The 50's retro scifi stuff was there from Fallout 1.

Original Fallout Intro:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkBNKa2KXZE

Ah, thank you. I think I lost most of that 50's feel in Fallout 1 due to the actual game world, art direction, and sound design in game. That is, the in game engine, not the movie clips. It didn't seem to so pervasive through the game world like it is in Fallout 3/NV. That said it has been a while since I played through the first two. It could be that I play the in game radio too much on the latest games, which rather saturates the experience with the 50's.

Last edited:
After seeing Witcher 3 flesh and blood, in-game graphics seemed so "meh" to me. I don't know but I'm not hyped like I did when I first saw the Deus Ex trailer.

This time with games like Witcher 3 and Dragon Age Inquisition, Bethesda must work hard to make a new hit.

Snip… I'm not hyped like I did when I first saw the Deus Ex trailer. Snip… Bethesda must work hard to make a new hit.

The Deus Ex trailer turned me off, too much standard hype. Possible risk of losing great story and game depth at expense of over glorified combat focus… at least that is what I got from the trailer.

Not sure how hard they need to work. I haven't played TW3 or DA:I and I will buy Fallout 4 no question. I may pick up TW3 on discount. Don't plan on playing DA:I. Different tastes and niche markets which can still make money.

Ah, thank you. I think I lost most of that 50's feel in Fallout 1 due to the actual game world, art direction, and sound design in game. That is, the in game engine, not the movie clips. It didn't seem to so pervasive through the game world like it is in Fallout 3. That said it has been a while since I played through the first two. It could be that I play the in game radio too much on the latest games, which rather saturates the experience with the 50's.

Well to be fair, the weirdest looking stuff in this trailer is the pre-war imagery. That obviously doesn't really match what we've seen in any of the games since well… we've never seen pre-war stuff done in engine. I don't imagine that will appear in game though, which might also explain why it looks the least detailed.

He seems to love the Fallout stuff going by his twitter today.

Also, I think Ron Perlman just really loves to act. He'll take on almost any job and seems to manage to have fun with it. I mean just look at his IMDB page.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000579/

Though going by Wayne Newton (Mr New Vegas) and Erik Todd Dellums (Three Dog), it seems that most voice actors who get involved with Fallout games really do enjoy it quite a bit.

Last edited:
I don't care about the trailer.

It's Fallout 4, that's all I care about.

It will be brilliant!

Well to be fair, the weirdest looking stuff in this trailer is the pre-war imagery. That obviously doesn't really match what we've seen in any of the games since well… we've never seen pre-war stuff done in engine. I don't imagine that will appear in game though, which might also explain why it looks the least detailed.

Will be nice to have some more details, perhaps after the 14th.

One of the biggest highlights of the trailer for me was the fact that the post-apocalypse actually has colors besides brown, gray and green! Seriously, having a more vibrant landscape makes it far more interesting for me to explore. The drab earth tones get old fast.

I received an email from GreenManGaming about Fallout 4 preorder… Jesus Christ, the game is $ 79.99… are they thinking we're all rich ?

A long time ago I started a thread on Steam Community forum about gaming prices, asking why these prices are steadily increasing, even with the succesful advent of digital downloading and reduced use of cardboard boxes and reduced costs for transporting/stocking games.

Of course, answers there didn't convince me. And some people even replied only to say things like "every now and then someone come here and starts a thread about this same subject".

A couple of years after that thread at Steam forum, I still don't understand the logic behind gaming price formation. $ 79.99, wtf ??? Witcher 3 (undiscounted) is $ 44.99 !!
Go figure !!

Last edited:
- subpar visually (with consoles in mind)
- weird trailer
- like the colorful palette for a change
- probably a good RPG in its own right like F3 and NV

Boy was that everything I expect from Bethesda.

The trailers for Xcom 2, Deus Ex 4(?) and Witcher 3 had me reaching for my wallet, this left me scratching my head because I was bored and confused.

Again with the horrible animations. I'm not sure if it's their animation team or their tools, or both but it's hard to deny they have a problem. You'd think they'd do something about that after so many games in a row with horrible animations.

Graphics looked very sub-par. Uninspired, inconsistent and confused.

They still don't get the Fallout universe and setting, what was with the steam punk airships? Did some mid-level marketing manager read how well Bioshock Infinite sold and decided that's what was missing from Fallout?

I will most likely pass on this one, just like the last several from Bethesda.

Maybe it's not too late to give it to Obsidian to finish instead.....

I received an email from GreenManGaming about Fallout 4 preorder… Jesus Christ, the game is $ 79.99… are they thinking we're all rich ?

A long time ago I started a thread on Steam Community forum about gaming prices, asking why these prices are steadily increasing, even with the succesful advent of digital downloading and reduced use of cardboard boxes and reduced costs for transporting/stocking games.

Of course, answers there didn't convince me. And some people even replied only to say things like "every now and then someone come here and starts a thread about this same subject".

A couple of years after that thread at Steam forum, I still don't understand the logic behind gaming price formation. $ 79.99, wtf ??? Witcher 3 (undiscounted) is $ 44.99 !!
Go figure !!

Um I'm looking at GMG and Amazon and fallout 4 pre-order is 59.99; with discount code on GMG it's $46.20.

http://www.destructoid.com/fallout-4-pre-order-deal-available-now-at-gmg-293239.phtml

Also, Witcher 3 is $59.99 on GMG and Steam right now. It's 53.99 discounted on GoG.com. Not sure where you're getting these prices.

Um I'm looking at GMG and Amazon and fallout 4 pre-order is 59.99; with discount code on GMG it's $46.20.

http://www.destructoid.com/fallout-4-pre-order-deal-available-now-at-gmg-293239.phtml

Also, Witcher 3 is $59.99 on GMG and Steam right now. It's 53.99 discounted on GoG.com. Not sure where you're getting these prices.

All I can do is to point the URLs:

Fallout 4 preorder (at GreenManGaming, to me, at least)
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/br/en/pc/games/action/fallout-4/

The Witcher 3 without Season Pass (at GOG, to me, at least)
http://www.gog.com/game/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_preorder (from $ 44.99 down to $ 40.49)

Now, I know Steam does accept Brazilian currency. As far as I know, neither GreenManGaming nor GoG does accept BRL, so I suppose the prices shown to me are both in US$.

Back
Top Bottom